This chart shows the percentage of the population that accesses online news by smartphone and tablet in selected countries.
This chart shows a forecast of global ad revenues in 2013, broken down by advertising medium.
This chart provides an overview of Airbus A350 and Boeing 787 orders and deliveries by year
This chart shows what kind of devices Americans prefer to stream music on.
This chart shows the countries where the highest number of journalists were killed in 2012
This chart shows a digital ad spending forecast for the United States until 2017. eMarketer expects desktop ad spending to peak in 2014 while mobile advertising is just taking off.
This chart shows the pay levels of chief executives in the United States between 1989 and 2012
This chart gives an overview of the doughnut industry and its main player, Dunkin Donuts
This chart shows estimated consumer book sales in the United States from 2008 through 2017.
This chart shows how tablets shipments are expected to overtake PC shipments for the first time in 2015.
This chart illustrates Amazon's long-term growth from 1997 through 2012.
This chart illustrates Tumblr's exponential growth since its launch in February 2007.
This chart illustrates how a $1,000 bet on Facebook's IPO compares with other investments over the past year.
This chart shows the global penetration of the world's ten largest social media sites.
This chart illustrates the distribution of Tweets among Twitter users. The chart is based on 1,535,929,521 Tweets from 71,273,997 unique users between October 23 and November 30, 2012.
This chart shows eBook sales as a percentage of trade publishers' net revenue in the United States.
This chart shows the New York Times' digital subscriber growth.
This chart illustrates average click-through rates of mobile ads in March 2013, broken down by device type.
This chart shows AOL's revenue growth since the first quarter of 2008. In the fourth quarter of 2012, the former internet heavyweight returned to positive growth after 8 years of declining revenues.
This chart illustrates Facebook's blockbuster user growth. The social network was launched 9 years ago in February 2004 and reached 1.06 billion users by the end of 2012.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter