Mobile phone users from the Asia-Pacific region consume the most data. Driven by entertainment applications such as YouTube, Youku and PPStream, the average mobile phone user in the region uses 1.1 GB of data per month.
Whenever a Reddit user submits a link or votes up someone else's post on "the frontpage of the internet", he is awarded what Reddit calls Karma points. This chart shows the Top 10 redditors with the best chance of virtual afterlife happiness.
This chart shows that, despite all the functionality added over the years, people still use Facebook for the same reason that it was originally build for: to stay in touch with friends and family.
The Ellen Show is the most-followed brand on Instagram. According to analytics firm Nitrogram, the talk show hosted by comedian Ellen DeGeneres has 3.04 million followers, just edging out National Geographic at 3.03 million followers.
There's one simple reason why Facebook remains the most important social platform for brand marketers: reach. Coca-Cola, the no. 1 brand on Facebook, reaches more than ten times as many people as the most popular brands on Twitter and Google+.
Despite the ongoing debate surrounding online privacy, surveillance and data abuse, Americans continue to share a lot of information online.
This chart shows smartphone platform market share figures for the United States, China and the EU5 countries (UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy).
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced that he would step down within the next 12 months. This chart shows how the company's stock has performed under his reign.
This chart illustrates how brands are increasingly adopting Twitter to get their message across.
This chart shows the average daily circulation at the Top 10 U.S. newspapers between October 2012 and March 2013.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens