AOL Stages Comeback of the Year
This year, while everybody was talking about Facebook’s IPO or Apple’s stock price, a former internet phenomenon staged a remarkable comeback: AOL.
With last year’s acquisition of the Huffington Post, a billion dollar patent deal with Microsoft and improving results, the former internet powerhouse has quietly become a Wall Street darling. On November 21, the company’s stock closed at $35.60, up 135 percent since the beginning of the year. The recently released third quarter results were encouraging, as ad revenues showed the highest growth in 7 years and the company posted earnings of 22 cents per share.
It will be interesting to see, whether AOL will be able to carry the positive momentum into next year. For now it looks like there’s life in the old dog yet.
Facebook Stock Still No Bargain for Investors
This chart shows the price to earnings ratio for selected tech companies.
Yahoo! Is Waiting for the Turnaround
This infographic provides a snapshot of the current state of Yahoo’s business.
Facebook's Third Quarter Earnings
This infographic contains everything you need to know about Facebook's latest earnings report.
Wall Street 'Likes' Facebook's Latest Results
This chart shows how investors have reacted to the latest earnings releases of selected American tech companies.
Yield on ten-year government bonds of selected countries worldwide in January 2014
Yield on ten-year government bonds of selected countries in January 2014
Currency reserves of selected countries worldwide in September 2013, (in billion U.S. dollars)
Currency reserves of selected countries, 2013
Volume of global equity trading between 2008 and the first half of 2013 (in trillion U.S. dollars)
Equity trading - global volume up to 2013
Yes, please send me a daily reminder for the 'Chart of the Day'
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter