Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Sales of the leading imported beer brands of the United States in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
|Sales in million U.S. dollars|
|Stella Artois Lager||143.2|
|Dos Equis XX Lager Especial||124.8|
|Newcastle Brown Ale||53.4|
|Heineken Premium Light Lager||48.9|
|Labatt Blue Light||37.4|
|Dos Equis XX Ambar Lager||28.4|
|Guinness Extra Stout||26.5|
|Beers of Mexico Variety Pack||24.1|
|Foster's Premium Ale||12.8|
|Beck's Sapphire Lager||11.4|
|Peroni Nastro Azzurro||11.1|
|Hoegaarden White Ale||10.5|
|Sapporo Premium Draft||10.3|
|St Pauli Girl||9|
|Guinness Black Lager||8|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This graph shows the sales of the leading imported beer brands of the United States in 2013. Modelo Especial was the third ranked imported beer brand of the United States with about 222.5 million U.S. dollars worth of sales in 2013.
U.S. beer market
Based on per capita consumption, beer is the most preferred alcoholic beverage in the United States. Beer is obtained through a beer manufacturing process called brewing. The final beer varieties range from less than 3 percent alcohol by volume to about 14 percent alcohol by volume. Most beer types contain alcohol between 4 and 6 percent by volume.
The beer market in the United States is characterized by large breweries, mid-sized breweries and microbreweries, all of which brew a vast variety of craft beer. Many kinds of beer go through a so-called three-tier system which is comprised of suppliers, wholesalers, and retailers. The alcoholic drinks must be sold by their supplier, which can be a national brewery or an importer, to the wholesaler or distributor, who in turn sells the beer further to a retailer.
Comparing the exports and imports of U.S. malt beverages, the United States is categorized as a net importer. The imported beer brands stem from all over the world. The leading ten best-selling imported beer brands of the United States predominantly include Mexican beer brands such as Corona, Modelo Especial and Dos Equis. Modelo Especial is owned by the Mexican beer manufacturer and distributor Grupo Modelo, which was founded in 1925. As of late, the company brews and distributes 14 brands and is present in more than 180 countries.
- Sherbet sales: leading brands in the U.S. 2013+Sherbet sales: leading brands in the U.S. 2013
Sales of the leading brands of sherbet/sorbet/ices in the United States in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
- Percentage of mouthwash sales in the U.S. 2013, by brand+Percentage of mouthwash sales in the U.S. 2013, by brand
Percentage of total mouthwash and dental rinse sales in the United States in 2013, by leading brands
- Sales growth of leading lip balm brands in the U.S. 2012Sales growth of leading lip balm brands in the U.S. 2012
Sales growth of leading brands of lip balm and cold sore medications in the United States in 2012 (change to prior sales year)
- Sales share of the leading deodorant brands in the U.S. 2013Sales share of the leading deodorant brands in the U.S. 2013
Sales share of the leading deodorant brands in the United States in 2013
- Percentage of sock sales in the U.S. by leading brand 2013Percentage of sock sales in the U.S. by leading brand 2013
Sales share of the leading sock brands in the United States in 2013
- Alcoholic drinks: Weekly expenditure per person in the United Kingdom (UK) 2006-2013Alcoholic drinks: Weekly expenditure per person in the United Kingdom (UK) 2006-2013
- United Kingdom (UK): Spend on alcoholic drinks consumed outside the home 2006-2013United Kingdom (UK): Spend on alcoholic drinks consumed outside the home 2006-2013
- Weekly UK household expenditure on beer 2006-2013Weekly UK household expenditure on beer 2006-2013
- Leading packet or bar detergent brands sales of the U.S. 2014Leading packet or bar detergent brands sales of the U.S. 2014
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- World coffee per capita consumption: top 20 consumer countries 2013World coffee per capita consumption: top 20 consumer countries 2013