Advertising spending of Nike in the United States in 2013, by medium (in million U.S. dollars)
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Spending in million U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
This graph shows Nike’s advertising spending in the United States in 2013, by medium. The sports giant spent 0.8 million U.S. dollars on newspaper advertising in the U.S.
Nike – additional information
Nike’s measured media spending in 2013 focused on television and magazines. The $40.8 million invested in TV advertising was likely to reach a broad audience, as the medium is consumed in 115.6 million TV households in the United States. Magazine ad spending was likely to be directed to sports, fitness or health publications, where it would reach a narrower group of people, who would, however, be interested in sports and health-related topics and for this reason more susceptible to sportswear ads.
Nike was the most valuable apparel brand in 2012. Its brand value amounted to 16.26 billion U.S. dollars, beating such competitors as H&M or Adidas hands down. The company’s global revenue almost doubled between 2005 and 2013, growing from 13.74 billion U.S. dollars to 25.31 billion. North America and Western Europe generate more than a half of the revenue, and other important regions are Greater China and emerging markets. Footwear comprises roughly two third of all sales. However, the apparel and the equipment divisions have been expanding. Nike’s share in the global athletic footwear market amounted nearly 20 percent in 2013, and according to projections it will grow by more than seven percent until 2020. It is worth mentioning, however, that in 2013 it scored below average on consumer satisfaction and it was also beaten by its main competitor Adidas in that category.
- Distribution of U.S. advertising spending in 2013, by mediumDistribution of U.S. advertising spending in 2013, by medium
Distribution of U.S. advertising spending in 2013, by medium
- Mobile advertising spending worldwide 2010-2017Mobile advertising spending worldwide 2010-2017
Mobile advertising spending worldwide from 2010 to 2017 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Global advertising spending 2011-2018, by region+Global advertising spending 2011-2018, by region
Distribution of global advertising spending from 2011 to 2018, by region
- Digital advertising spending in the U.S. in 2012, by category+Digital advertising spending in the U.S. in 2012, by category
Digital advertising spending in the United States in 2012, by category (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Mobile advertising spending worldwide 2012-2017+Mobile advertising spending worldwide 2012-2017
Mobile advertising spending worldwide from 2012 to 2017 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Advertising spending in Brazil from 2011 to 2018Advertising spending in Brazil from 2011 to 2018
- Digital ad revenue share of major ad-selling companies worldwide 2012-2014Digital ad revenue share of major ad-selling companies worldwide 2012-2014
- Japan: digital ad spend 2012-2018Japan: digital ad spend 2012-2018
- Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012
- Time spent with media in the U.S. 2013, by age and typeTime spent with media in the U.S. 2013, by age and type
- MMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by typeMMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by type