Advertising spending of Nike in the United States in 2013, by medium (in million U.S. dollars)
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Spending in million U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
This graph shows Nike’s advertising spending in the United States in 2013, by medium. The sports giant spent 0.8 million U.S. dollars on newspaper advertising in the U.S.
Nike – additional information
Nike’s measured media spending in 2013 focused on television and magazines. The $40.8 million invested in TV advertising was likely to reach a broad audience, as the medium is consumed in 115.6 million TV households in the United States. Magazine ad spending was likely to be directed to sports, fitness or health publications, where it would reach a narrower group of people, who would, however, be interested in sports and health-related topics and for this reason more susceptible to sportswear ads.
Nike was the most valuable apparel brand in 2012. Its brand value amounted to 16.26 billion U.S. dollars, beating such competitors as H&M or Adidas hands down. The company’s global revenue almost doubled between 2005 and 2013, growing from 13.74 billion U.S. dollars to 25.31 billion. North America and Western Europe generate more than a half of the revenue, and other important regions are Greater China and emerging markets. Footwear comprises roughly two third of all sales. However, the apparel and the equipment divisions have been expanding. Nike’s share in the global athletic footwear market amounted nearly 20 percent in 2013, and according to projections it will grow by more than seven percent until 2020. It is worth mentioning, however, that in 2013 it scored below average on consumer satisfaction and it was also beaten by its main competitor Adidas in that category.
- Distribution of U.S. advertising spending in 2012, by mediumDistribution of U.S. advertising spending in 2012, by medium
- Mobile advertising spending worldwide 2010-2017Mobile advertising spending worldwide 2010-2017
- Global advertising spending 2011-2018, by regionGlobal advertising spending 2011-2018, by region
- Digital advertising spending in the U.S. in 2012, by categoryDigital advertising spending in the U.S. in 2012, by category
- Mobile advertising spending worldwide 2012-2017Mobile advertising spending worldwide 2012-2017
- Japan: digital video ad spend 2012-2017, by deviceJapan: digital video ad spend 2012-2017, by device
- Most popular product brands on Facebook in October 2014Most popular product brands on Facebook in October 2014
- Indonesia: ad spend 2013-2016Indonesia: ad spend 2013-2016
- Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012
- Market Research: Global distribution of revenues by method of surveyMarket Research: Global distribution of revenues by method of survey
- Leading online video games worldwide 2013Leading online video games worldwide 2013