Survey time period
June 2011 and May 2012
Object of investigation
Percentage of gamers by platform
Belgium, casual games, casual gaming, Computer game, computer games, computer games, game, game consoles, game platforms, gamer, games, games industry, MMO gamers, MMO games, MMOG, MMOGs, mobile games, mobile gaming, PC game, PC gamers, PC gamers, PC games, platform, video games, video games, video gaming
Figures for 2011 come from an earlier publication.
- Causal websites. This category includes games played on or downloaded from casual game websites including playing premium versions of games, downloaded from such sites (but not social networks such as Facebook).
- Social networks. International and local social networks such as Facebook, Hi5, Orkut.
- Mobile devices. This category includes all mobile (smart) phones, iPod Touch, iPad or tablet (but no handheld consoles).
- MMO games. Massive Multiplayer Online (Role Playing) Games, often referred to as MMOs or MMORPGs (i. e. World of Warcraft, Aion, Seafight, Lord Of The Rings Online) and Virtual Worlds (i. e. Second Life).
- Console games. This category includes Xbox, Xbox360, PlayStation 3, Wii, (3)DS(i), PSP as well as older consoles.
- PC/Mac boxed. This category includes games on a CD or DVD (boxed product) that you install on your PC, laptop or Mac before playing.
- PC/Mac download. This category includes games that you download and install on your PC, laptop or Mac before playing (excluding MMO game downloads and premium "casual" games from casual game websites).