Survey time period
Object of investigation
Percentage of gamers by platform
Belgium, casual games, casual gaming, computer consoles, Computer game, computer game industry, computer games, computer games, computer software, computer users, game, game, game consoles, game platforms, game software, gamer, gamer community, games, games industry, MMO gamers, MMO games, MMOG, MMOGs, mobile games, mobile gaming, PC game, PC gamers, PC gamers, PC games, platform, software industry, user, video game console, video game console, video game industry, video game industry, video games, Video Games, video games, video games consoles, video games market, video gaming
- Causal websites. This category includes games played on or downloaded from casual game websites including playing premium versions of games, downloaded from such sites (but not social networks such as Facebook).
- Social networks. International and local social networks such as Facebook, Hi5, Orkut.
- Mobile devices. This category includes all mobile (smart) phones, iPod Touch, iPad or tablet (but no handheld consoles).
- MMO games. Massive Multiplayer Online (Role Playing) Games, often referred to as MMOs or MMORPGs (i. e. World of Warcraft, Aion, Seafight, Lord Of The Rings Online) and Virtual Worlds (i. e. Second Life).
- Console games. This category includes Xbox, Xbox360, PlayStation 3, Wii, (3)DS(i), PSP as well as older consoles.
- PC/Mac boxed. This category includes games on a CD or DVD (boxed product) that you install on your PC, laptop or Mac before playing.
- PC/Mac download. This category includes games that you download and install on your PC, laptop or Mac before playing (excluding MMO game downloads and premium "casual" games from casual game websites).