Average per game attendance of the five major sports leagues in North America 2013/14
Please log in if you already have an account.
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
The statistic depicts the average per game attendance of the five major sports leagues in North America (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and MLS). Figures are for the most recently completed season unless otherwise noted. The average per game attendance at Major League Soccer games was 19,151 during the 2014 season.
Major sports leagues attendance - additional information
The National Football League was the major sports league with the highest average attendance in North America in the 2013-2014 season, with an average of 68,397 people attending each game. The regular season games of all NFL teams were attended by a total of 17.3 million spectators in 2013, an increase from the 17 million who went to the games in 2010. The home games of the Dallas Cowboys were the most attended in the 2013 with a total of 704,345 spectators passing through the gates at an average of 88,043 fans per game.
Major League Baseball (MLB) drew the second highest average amount of fans with 30,437 spectators per game and a total of 73.74 million people attending games throughout the regular season. The Los Angeles Dodgers remained the best supported team for the third year running, welcoming a total of 3.78 million fans in 2014, at an average of 46,695 spectators per game.
Interest in Major League Soccer continues to grow with an average of 18,559 attending the soccer matches in the 2013 season. The amount of people who watch MLS on television has also increased from 140,000 in 2009 to 174,000 in 2013. Attendances in the NHL have also risen steadily in recent years, as seen by the increase in average regular season attendance from 16,523 in 2010/11 to 17,587 in 2013/14. The Chicago Blackhawks attracted the largest average crowds in the 2013/14 NHL season with an average of 22,623 fans attending each game and almost 930,000 total spectators throughout the whole season.
- Average attendance of major sports leagues around the world 2013/14Average attendance of major sports leagues around the world 2013/14
Major sports leagues worldwide ranked by average per game attendance in 2013/14 (in 1,000s)
- Average ticket prices in major US sports leagues 2013/14+Average ticket prices in major US sports leagues 2013/14
Average ticket prices in the major sports leagues in North America in 2013/14 (in U.S. dollars)
- Number of spectators at football World Cups 1930-2014Number of spectators at football World Cups 1930-2014
Number of spectators at football World Cups from 1930 to 2014
- German professional sports leagues distribution of revenue 2011/12German professional sports leagues distribution of revenue 2011/12
Revenue distribution of German professional sports leagues in the 2011/12 season (in million euros)*
- Average turnover per club of sports leagues in Germany 2011/12Average turnover per club of sports leagues in Germany 2011/12
German sports leagues by average turnover per club in the 2011/12 season (in million euros)
- National Basketball Association all-time scoring leaders 1946-2014National Basketball Association all-time scoring leaders 1946-2014
- World ranking of men's national soccer teams 2014World ranking of men's national soccer teams 2014
- NHL franchise value of the Columbus Blue Jackets 2014NHL franchise value of the Columbus Blue Jackets 2014
- Total revenue sports market worldwide 2005-2017Total revenue sports market worldwide 2005-2017
- Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013Nail salon services revenue in the United States 1998-2013
- Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013Total number of members of health/fitness clubs worldwide 2009-2013