Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Market capitalization of U.S. tech and internet companies in 2006 and 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
|March 2006||April 2013|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic presents a ranking of the market capitalization of selected US tech and internet companies in 2006 and in 2013. Apple's market cap soared from 53 billion U.S. dollars in 2006 to 403.5 billion dollars in 2013.
Public offerings of tech and internet companies A public offering is the offering of securities of a company or a similar corporation to the public. Generally, the securities are to be listed on a stock exchange. The initial public offering (IPO) of a company occurs when a company offers its shares for the first time for public ownership and trading.
Hardware companies such as Apple or IBM have been traded publicly for a while but younger, online-based companies such as Google or most notably Facebook have been generating a lot of buzz surrounding their IPOs and subsequent stock prices. Facebook’s initial public offering was intensely hyped over months with projections of a 100 billion US dollar valuation but it dwindled down to a range of 60 to 75 billion US dollars prior to the listing. The social network’s stock initially dropped almost half its price before finally recuperating more than 14 months later.
Other tech stock performances have been more stable – both online retailer Amazon and search and digital advertising giant Google’s shares have been on a more upwards trend. The most impressive development however came from Apple which totally changed its stock performance after the 2008 introduction of the iPhone. Since then, the company has been catapulted to the top of the smartphone market, multiplying its market capitalization as well as regularly being ranked as one of the most valuable brands worldwide.
- Market capitalization of the largest U.S. internet companies September 2014Market capitalization of the largest U.S. internet companies September 2014
Market capitalization of the largest U.S. internet companies as of September 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Biggest internet companies worldwide as of June 2014Biggest internet companies worldwide as of June 2014
Biggest internet companies in selected countries as of June 2014, based on value (in million U.S. dollars)
- Facebook's raised capital compared with selected tech companies 2012Facebook's raised capital compared with selected tech companies 2012
Facebook's IPO compared with selected tech companies from 1980 to 2012, by capital raised (in million U.S. dollars)
- Distribution of mobile game downloaders in the UK in 2013, by platform+Distribution of mobile game downloaders in the UK in 2013, by platform
Platform distribution of downloaders of paid and free mobile games in the United Kingdom from February to April 2013
- Revenue growth of selected tech companies 2012Revenue growth of selected tech companies 2012
Year-over-year revenue growth of selected tech companies in the 1st quarter of 2012*
- Digital ad revenue share of major ad-selling companies worldwide 2012-2014Digital ad revenue share of major ad-selling companies worldwide 2012-2014
- Unique visitors to most popular online retailers in Japan 2014Unique visitors to most popular online retailers in Japan 2014
- Unique visitors to most popular online retailers in Southeast Asia 2014Unique visitors to most popular online retailers in Southeast Asia 2014
- MMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by typeMMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by type
- Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018
- B2C e-commerce as percentage of GDP worldwide 2009-2018B2C e-commerce as percentage of GDP worldwide 2009-2018