Projected expenditure U.S. restaurant industry food-and-drink supplies in 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars), by venue category
|Food-and-drink expenditure (in billion U.S. dollars)|
|Noncommercial restaurant services||36.21|
|Other commercial restaurant services||19.44|
|Managed restaurant services||16.72|
|Restaurants in lodging places||10.14|
|Snack and nonalcoholic beverage bars||9.15|
|Bars and taverns*||6.68|
|Military restaurant services||3.59|
|Cafeterias, grill-buffets and buffets||3.13|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic depicts the projected expenditure of the U.S. restaurant industry for their food and drinks supplies by venue category in 2014. The projected purchases of food-and-drink supplies of full-service restaurants is 65.73 billion U.S. dollars.
According to the source
Other commercial restaurant services includes retail-host restaurants, recreation and sports, mobile caterers and vending and nonstore retailers.
Noncommercial restaurant services are business educational, governmental or institutional organizations that operate their own restaurant services in venues such as employee restaurant services, public and parochial elementary, secondary schools, colleges and universities, transportation, hospitals, nursing homes, homes for the aged, blind, orphans, and the mentally and physically disabled, clubs, sporting and recreational camps and community centers.
Military restaurant services are officers' and NCO clubs and military exchanges (continental United States only).
Managed services are onsite food-service and food contractors in manufacturing and industrial plants, commercial and office buildings, hospitals and nursing homes, colleges and universities, primary and secondary schools, in-transit restaurant services (airlines) and recreaction and sports centers.
- Hotel/restaurant sector: female employees by region 2010Hotel/restaurant sector: female employees by region 2010
- Most expensive cities for business travel based on the cost of food in hotels 2010Most expensive cities for business travel based on the cost of food in hotels 2010
- Hotel / restaurant industry: percentage of female employees by region 2010Hotel / restaurant industry: percentage of female employees by region 2010
- Hospitality failure towards hotel guestHospitality failure towards hotel guest
- Reduction of staffing costs in hotels by sectionReduction of staffing costs in hotels by section
- Leading restaurants in the U.S. 2013, based on retail salesLeading restaurants in the U.S. 2013, based on retail sales
- Leading restaurants in the U.S. 2013, based on retail sales per storeLeading restaurants in the U.S. 2013, based on retail sales per store
- Number of stores of leading restaurants in the U.S. 2013Number of stores of leading restaurants in the U.S. 2013
- Overnight travel to the U.S. from other countries in 2000Overnight travel to the U.S. from other countries in 2000
- Number of overnight travelers from other countries to the U.S. 2000Number of overnight travelers from other countries to the U.S. 2000
- Percentage of overnight travel and destination of U.S. residents 2000Percentage of overnight travel and destination of U.S. residents 2000