Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Gasoline prices in selected countries worldwide as of April 2014 (in U.S. dollars per gallon)
|U.S. dollars per gallon|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic represents gasoline prices around the world as of April 2014. At around 8.5 U.S. dollars per gallon, gas prices in Germany were lower than in Norway, but considerably higher than in the United States. According to the source, gas prices were measured between March 31 and April 29, 2014.
Fuel prices in different countries range from a few cents to just under 10 U.S. dollars per gallon. Gasoline is often regarded as a key driver of a country’s economy, as it is the main fuel used in families’ passenger vehicles and the automotive fleets of small and large businesses. The United States is the biggest consumer of gasoline on a per capita basis, with 1.22 gallons of gas per person and day.
One of the liquid’s main ingredients is crude oil. The spot prices of publicly traded crudes, such as UK Brent, the OPEC basket grades and US-sourced West Texas Intermediate, are highly volatile and prone to rallies. Where access to oil is limited, this volatility is increasingly causing a shift towards alternative propulsion systems and fuels among a growing number of vehicle drivers.
Although located in a region where oil is abundant, petrol is particularly expensive in Norway at 9.79 U.S. dollars. Car drivers in Pakistan, India, Bulgaria and Turkey feel the most pain at the pump. According to data published by Bloomberg, over one third of a day’s wages is needed to buy a gallon of gas in Turkey. The high price is largely attributable to the country’s gas tax, which is counted among the highest in the world. Other factors driving petrol prices include local demand, processing and distribution costs, the strength or weakness of local currencies, and the aforementioned crude oil prices.
- Retail price of gasoline in the United States 1990-2013Retail price of gasoline in the United States 1990-2013
- Leading car brands for fuel economy according to U.S. car owners 2013Leading car brands for fuel economy according to U.S. car owners 2013
- Average monthly price of fuels in Scotland 2013-2014, by fuel typeAverage monthly price of fuels in Scotland 2013-2014, by fuel type
- State motor fuel tax rates in the United States 1997-2011State motor fuel tax rates in the United States 1997-2011
- Retail prices of gasoline in the United States 2011, by stateRetail prices of gasoline in the United States 2011, by state
- Mercedes: market share of new car registrations in the EU 2014Mercedes: market share of new car registrations in the EU 2014
- Sales of the Renault Twizy in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013-2014Sales of the Renault Twizy in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013-2014
- Vehicle sales in China 2008-2014Vehicle sales in China 2008-2014
- U.S. market share of sold light trucks 1990-2012U.S. market share of sold light trucks 1990-2012
- Top car brands based on value from car owner opinion in the U.S. 2013Top car brands based on value from car owner opinion in the U.S. 2013
- U.S. logistics companies - based on net revenue 2013U.S. logistics companies - based on net revenue 2013