Global net sales of the leading home furnishings and equipment manufacturers in 2012 (in million U.S. dollars)
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Net sales in million U.S. dollars|
|Gree Electric Appliances||-|
|BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte||-|
|GD Midea Holding Co.||-|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
This statistic depicts the net sales of the leading home furnishings and equipment manufacturers worldwide in 2012. In 2012, the global net sales of Gree Electric Appliances amounted to about 15.76 billion U.S. dollars.
The global market for home furnishings was negatively impacted by the housing crisis as homeowners cut down drastically on non-essential spending, postponed home improvement and decorating projects, and delayed buying new homes. Due to recovery in the housing sector and in the wider global economy, demand for home furniture and decoration has begun to turn around. With employment figures improving and levels of disposable income rising, property owners are more readily investing in their homes.
Increased consumer interest in home decoration is fuelling new market growth. In particular, demand for organic home furnishing products is continuing to rise thanks to increased consumer awareness regarding the importance of choosing more environmentally friendly materials. Other factors driving market growth include availability of wider product ranges, regional market development and electronic media campaigns. Consumers are showing particular interest in natural products and alternative materials in the home furnishing products sector.
Over the years to come, leading players in the global home goods industry are likely to concentrate their efforts on product innovation and environmentally friendly business practices, goods and packaging. Demand will continue to rise as the housing sector recovers, with rising affluence in specific demographics such as aging baby boomers driving demand for certain products. As household items become more fashion-oriented, retailers and manufacturers are increasingly using celebrities in product branding and advertising.
- Net sales of consumer good manufacturers worldwide 2012Net sales of consumer good manufacturers worldwide 2012
- Procter & Gamble's net sales worldwide 2005-2013Procter & Gamble's net sales worldwide 2005-2013
- Net sales of leading home appliance manufacturers 2011-2012Net sales of leading home appliance manufacturers 2011-2012
- Net sales of leading 10 consumer products companies of North America 2012Net sales of leading 10 consumer products companies of North America 2012
- Furniture and home furnishings store sales in the U.S. 1992-2013Furniture and home furnishings store sales in the U.S. 1992-2013
- Zalando: revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014Zalando: revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Trade revenue of clothing in China by month July 2014Trade revenue of clothing in China by month July 2014
- China: trade revenue of cosmetics by month July 2014China: trade revenue of cosmetics by month July 2014
- Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2012Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2012
- Sales of the leading 10 baby food and snack brands of the U.S. in 2011Sales of the leading 10 baby food and snack brands of the U.S. in 2011
- Percentage of e-commerce in total U.S. Q4 retail sales 2002-2013Percentage of e-commerce in total U.S. Q4 retail sales 2002-2013