This statistic represents the global production of sapphire from 2010 to 2013, broken down by region. In 2012, Taiwan is estimated to account for about 14 percent of the global sapphire production. Sapphire is used in jewelry making and as a substrate for semiconducting circuits.
Global sapphire production from 2010 to 2013, by region*
You need a Premium membership to access this statistic.
Advantages of our Premium Account:
- Immediate access to our full Premium database
- Save time! Easy to include in your presentations
- Credible data! Over 18,000 data sources
With Statista, you get straight to the point: analyzing data, rather than searching for it.
to all statistics
- Asia-Pacific region - oil production in barrels daily 1998-2014Asia-Pacific region - oil production in barrels daily 1998-2014
- U.S. noncoincident winter peak load for NERC region ERCOTU.S. noncoincident winter peak load for NERC region ERCOT
- Number of oil and gas rigs by world region February 2016Number of oil and gas rigs by world region February 2016
- Ranking: world's biggest electric utilities based on sales 2015Ranking: world's biggest electric utilities based on sales 2015
- U.S. electricity generation of biomass by region 2005-2015U.S. electricity generation of biomass by region 2005-2015
- U.S. producer price index of coal 2000-2015U.S. producer price index of coal 2000-2015
- Forecast: revenue electricity generation UK 2009-2020Forecast: revenue electricity generation UK 2009-2020
- Forecast: revenue electricity generation Italy 2008-2020Forecast: revenue electricity generation Italy 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue gaseous fuel distribution through mains Italy 2008-2020Forecast: revenue gaseous fuel distribution through mains Italy 2008-2020