This statistic represents the global production of sapphire from 2010 to 2013, broken down by region. In 2012, Taiwan is estimated to account for about 14 percent of the global sapphire production. Sapphire is used in jewelry making and as a substrate for semiconducting circuits.
Global sapphire production from 2010 to 2013, by region*
You need a Premium membership to access this statistic.
Advantages of our Premium Account:
- Immediate access to our full Premium database
- Save time! Easy to include in your presentations
- Credible data! Over 18,000 data sources
With Statista, you get straight to the point: analyzing data, rather than searching for it.
to all statistics
- Forecast: revenue electricity generation UK 2009-2020Forecast: revenue electricity generation UK 2009-2020
- Forecast: revenue gaseous fuel distribution through mains Italy 2008-2020Forecast: revenue gaseous fuel distribution through mains Italy 2008-2020
- Forecast: operating revenue water production and supply China 2008-2020Forecast: operating revenue water production and supply China 2008-2020
- Natural gas prices in U.S. and Europe 2013-2025Natural gas prices in U.S. and Europe 2013-2025
- Revenues of select U.S. oil and gas companies 2013-2014Revenues of select U.S. oil and gas companies 2013-2014
- Environmentally motivated actions taken in the preceding month in the UK in 2014Environmentally motivated actions taken in the preceding month in the UK in 2014