This statistic represents the drug overdose death rate in the United States in 2015, sorted by U.S. states. In that year, the highest rate amounted for the state of West Virginia with 32.4 deaths from drug overdose per 100,000 inhabitants.
Drug overdose death rate in the United States in 2015, by state (per 100,000 population)*
You need a Premium membership to access this statistic.
Advantages of our Premium Account:
- Immediate access to our full Premium database
- Save time! Easy to include in your presentations
- Credible data! Over 18,000 data sources
With Statista, you get straight to the point: analyzing data, rather than searching for it.
to all statistics
|Deaths per 100,000 population|
|District of Columbia||-|
- Death rate from suicide in the U.S. by gender and age 2013Death rate from suicide in the U.S. by gender and age 2013
- Male death rate for homicide in the U.S. 1950-2013 by ethnicityMale death rate for homicide in the U.S. 1950-2013 by ethnicity
- U.S. population with usage of prescription drugs by age 1988-2012U.S. population with usage of prescription drugs by age 1988-2012
- Death rate for all causes in Canada 2000-2012Death rate for all causes in Canada 2000-2012
- HIV death rate 1987-2013 by gender HIV death rate 1987-2013 by gender
- Prescription medicines: U.S. spending growth 1999-2014Prescription medicines: U.S. spending growth 1999-2014
- Deaths by cancer in the U.S. 1950-2014Deaths by cancer in the U.S. 1950-2014
- Deaths by influenza and pneumonia in the U.S. 1950-2014Deaths by influenza and pneumonia in the U.S. 1950-2014
- Deaths by diabetes mellitus in the U.S. 1950-2014Deaths by diabetes mellitus in the U.S. 1950-2014
- Deaths by HIV disease in the U.S. 1990-2014Deaths by HIV disease in the U.S. 1990-2014