The statistic provides data on the number of bookstores in the United States from 2004 to 2012 and a projection until 2018. The number amounted to 29.07 thousand in 2011. IBISWorld projected it would contract to 22.6 thousand by 2018..
Number of bookstores in the United States from 2004 to 2018
You need a Premium membership to access this statistic.
Advantages of our Premium Account:
- Immediate access to our full Premium database
- Save time! Easy to include in your presentations
- Credible data! Over 18,000 data sources
With Statista, you get straight to the point: analyzing data, rather than searching for it.
to all statistics
|Number of bookstores|
- Book industry revenue in Spain 2005-2014Book industry revenue in Spain 2005-2014
- Book industry revenue in Spain by subject 2012-2014Book industry revenue in Spain by subject 2012-2014
- Book industry revenue distribution in Spain 2014, by subject Book industry revenue distribution in Spain 2014, by subject
- Value and profit loss from online piracy of the book industry in Spain 2014Value and profit loss from online piracy of the book industry in Spain 2014
- Revenue of bookstores in the U.S., 2008-2013Revenue of bookstores in the U.S., 2008-2013
- Barnes & Noble sales 2012-2016, by commerce segmentBarnes & Noble sales 2012-2016, by commerce segment
- Number of Barnes & Noble stores 2005-2016Number of Barnes & Noble stores 2005-2016
- Revenue of Barnes & Noble 2012-2016Revenue of Barnes & Noble 2012-2016
- Barnes & Noble's net earnings 2012-2016Barnes & Noble's net earnings 2012-2016
- Barnes & Noble ad spend 2014-2016Barnes & Noble ad spend 2014-2016