Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Global baby food market size in 2010 and 2015, based on sales (in billion U.S. dollars)
|Sales in billion U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic depicts the global baby food market size based on sales in 2010 and 2015. In 2010, total baby food sales amounted to 36.7 billion U.S. dollars worldwide.
The global baby food market comprises foods intended for the special nutrition of babies and infants. The largest single categories on the baby food market are baby formula, dried baby food, and prepared baby food.
Baby foods are usually divided into different stages so that they are suitable for each phase of the child’s individual development. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends breast milk as the ideal food to meet a baby’s needs in the first stages right after birth. If breastfeeding is not an option, parents have the possibility of using baby formulas. Those are available as powdered and ready-to-drink baby formula. After a couple of months more and more solid foods as type of purees or strained foods are introduced into the baby’s meal plan until the child is ready, usually by the age of one year, for the introduction of family table food. Consumers can decide if they want to make the purees and strained foods at home or if they buy them already prepared at a retail store.
The baby food market in the United States is regulated by the Food and Drug Administration. Leading baby food vendors include Nestlé HealthCare Nutrition, the Beech-Nut Corporation and the Hain Celestial Group. Nestlé HealthCare Nutrition is a division of the largest global food company Nestlé S.A. which has headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland.
Recent trends show that baby food manufacturers have expanded their product portfolio by launching additional toddler foods which are intended for toddlers from about twelve months to two or three years.
- U.S. consumers' rating of baby food and drink characteristics 2013+U.S. consumers' rating of baby food and drink characteristics 2013
Important characteristics of baby food and drinks rated by U.S. consumers in 2013
- U.S. top 10 claims on new baby food and drink product launches 2011-2013+U.S. top 10 claims on new baby food and drink product launches 2011-2013
Leading 10 claims on new baby food and drinks in the United States from 2011 to 2013, based on number of product launches
- Sales volume: baby food market by world region, 2010 and 2015+Sales volume: baby food market by world region, 2010 and 2015
Baby food market sales volume in 2010 and 2015, by region (in million metric tonnes)
- Sales value: baby food market by world region in 2010 and 2015+Sales value: baby food market by world region in 2010 and 2015
Baby food market sales value in 2010 and 2015, by region (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Sales value: baby food market in North America, 2007-2015+Sales value: baby food market in North America, 2007-2015
Baby food market sales value in North America from 2007 to 2015, by country (in million U.S. dollars)
- Apple production worldwide by region 2012Apple production worldwide by region 2012
- Alcoholic drinks: Weekly expenditure per person in the United Kingdom (UK) 2006-2013Alcoholic drinks: Weekly expenditure per person in the United Kingdom (UK) 2006-2013
- United Kingdom (UK): Spend on alcoholic drinks consumed outside the home 2006-2013United Kingdom (UK): Spend on alcoholic drinks consumed outside the home 2006-2013
- Leading packet or bar detergent brands sales of the U.S. 2014Leading packet or bar detergent brands sales of the U.S. 2014
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- World coffee per capita consumption: top 20 consumer countries 2013World coffee per capita consumption: top 20 consumer countries 2013