Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Global baby food market size in 2010 and 2015, based on sales (in billion U.S. dollars)
|Sales in billion U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic depicts the global baby food market size based on sales in 2010 and 2015. In 2010, total baby food sales amounted to 36.7 billion U.S. dollars worldwide.
The global baby food market comprises foods intended for the special nutrition of babies and infants. The largest single categories on the baby food market are baby formula, dried baby food, and prepared baby food.
Baby foods are usually divided into different stages so that they are suitable for each phase of the child’s individual development. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends breast milk as the ideal food to meet a baby’s needs in the first stages right after birth. If breastfeeding is not an option, parents have the possibility of using baby formulas. Those are available as powdered and ready-to-drink baby formula. After a couple of months more and more solid foods as type of purees or strained foods are introduced into the baby’s meal plan until the child is ready, usually by the age of one year, for the introduction of family table food. Consumers can decide if they want to make the purees and strained foods at home or if they buy them already prepared at a retail store.
The baby food market in the United States is regulated by the Food and Drug Administration. Leading baby food vendors include Nestlé HealthCare Nutrition, the Beech-Nut Corporation and the Hain Celestial Group. Nestlé HealthCare Nutrition is a division of the largest global food company Nestlé S.A. which has headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland.
Recent trends show that baby food manufacturers have expanded their product portfolio by launching additional toddler foods which are intended for toddlers from about twelve months to two or three years.
- U.S. consumers' rating of baby food and drink characteristics 2013U.S. consumers' rating of baby food and drink characteristics 2013
- U.S. top 10 claims on new baby food and drink product launches 2011-2013U.S. top 10 claims on new baby food and drink product launches 2011-2013
- Sales volume: baby food market by world region, 2010 and 2015Sales volume: baby food market by world region, 2010 and 2015
- Sales value: baby food market by world region in 2010 and 2015Sales value: baby food market by world region in 2010 and 2015
- Sales value: baby food market in North America, 2007-2015Sales value: baby food market in North America, 2007-2015
- China: trade revenue of furniture by month September 2014China: trade revenue of furniture by month September 2014
- Food, drink and tobacco sales value growth in Great Britain 2011-2014Food, drink and tobacco sales value growth in Great Britain 2011-2014
- U.S. stevia consumption in manufactured food and drinks 2008-2018U.S. stevia consumption in manufactured food and drinks 2008-2018
- Wine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user typeWine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user type
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013