Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Baby care market size worldwide in 2011, 2012, and 2017 (in billion U.S. dollars)
|Billion U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic presents the global market size of the baby care segment in 2011 and includes a forecast for 2012 and 2017. The baby care market was worth 44.7 billion U.S. dollars in 2011 and is expected to increase total sales to 66.8 billion U.S. dollars by 2017.
Global Baby Care Market
The global baby care market encompasses different segments, which can be divided into: toys, feeding accessories, wipes, disposable diapers, body care products and soothers.
Possible growth drivers for this market increase can be attributed to the fact that baby care products are used for longer periods by the infants as well as the fact that parents want the best available products for their baby, therefore disregarding the cost of certain products. Demand has grown due to a rising number of babies to be catered for, partly because people are starting families later. Product innovation and development has allowed retailers and manufactures to widen the market, using new technologies and advanced marketing approaches.
Major players in the baby care and safety accessories market include the Dorel Juvenile Group, Graco, Munchkin Inc. and Playtex. These four companies captured a share of over 50 percent of total baby care and safety accessory sales in the United States in 2012. In that year, Graco had a sales growth of 12.5 percent in the United States compared to the prior fiscal year. Graco sells car seats, strollers, playards, swings and high chairs. Sales regarding the brand Graco Turbo Booster amounted to 18.9 million U.S. dollars in that year.
The industry must continue increasing marketing budgets in order to increase product sales. Government involvement in manufacturing practices is also likely to increase, meaning that companies will have to comply with standards set in place to help protect consumers.
- P&G: baby care and family care sales worldwide 2011-2013P&G: baby care and family care sales worldwide 2011-2013
- Sales share of the leading baby care accessory vendors in the U.S. 2013Sales share of the leading baby care accessory vendors in the U.S. 2013
- Sales growth of leading baby care product vendors in the U.S. 2013Sales growth of leading baby care product vendors in the U.S. 2013
- Sales of the leading baby care accessory vendors in the U.S. 2013Sales of the leading baby care accessory vendors in the U.S. 2013
- Sales of the leading baby care and safety accessory brands in the U.S. 2013Sales of the leading baby care and safety accessory brands in the U.S. 2013
- Wine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user typeWine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user type
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013