Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Sales of the leading bottled sparkling water brands of the United States in 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
|Sales in million U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This graph depicts the sales of the leading 10 bottled sparkling water brands in the United States in 2014. In that year, San Pellegrino was ranked as fourth leading bottled sparkling water brand in the United States with about 137.88 million U.S. dollars worth of sales.
Bottled sparkling water
Bottled sparkling water belongs to the bottled water category. Packaging varies between glass or plastic water bottles. The International Bottled Water Association defines bottled sparkling water as bottled water fortified with carbon dioxide. Alternative terms used for labels on the respective package include sparkling mineral water, carbonated water or sparkling drinking water. Based on the definition provided by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), sparkling water falls under the soft drinks category.
Leading category brands are named such as ‘Sparkling Ice’, ‘Perrier’ or ‘San Pellegrino’. ‘Perrier’ is a well-known mineral water brand, which originated in Southern France. The brand is known by customers by the distinctive green, club-shaped bottle and the white lettering. According to the latest industry data, Perrier was ranked as the third leading bottled sparkling water brand with sales of about 163.47 million U.S. dollars in 2014. In comparison to the previous sales year, the water brand increased sales by over 14 percent. The generated sales matched with a market share of 13.1 percent in 2014. Only private label brands and ‘Sparkling Ice’ held a larger share of total category sales.
‘Perrier’ is a brand of Nestlé Waters, one division of food giant Nestlé S.A., which is headquartered in Switzerland. Nestlé Waters continued to be a significant player in the bottled water market.
Consumers in the United States like the convenience of bottled water packaged in single-serving containers. In combination with a healthy image, that might have been the reason for the per capita consumption reaching an all-time high in the United States in 2013.
- Revenue of bottled water production in the U.S., 2009-2014Revenue of bottled water production in the U.S., 2009-2014
- Bottled water market: wholesale price in the U.S. 2010-2012Bottled water market: wholesale price in the U.S. 2010-2012
- Bottled water market: percentage of sales by distribution channel 2012Bottled water market: percentage of sales by distribution channel 2012
- Key brands' market share of bottled sparkling water in the U.S. 2014Key brands' market share of bottled sparkling water in the U.S. 2014
- Bottled water: Consumption volume in the United Kingdom (UK) 2006-2013Bottled water: Consumption volume in the United Kingdom (UK) 2006-2013
- China: trade revenue of furniture by month September 2014China: trade revenue of furniture by month September 2014
- Food, drink and tobacco sales value growth in Great Britain 2011-2014Food, drink and tobacco sales value growth in Great Britain 2011-2014
- Stevia's global market value 2014-2017Stevia's global market value 2014-2017
- Wine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user typeWine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user type
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013