Market share of the leading bottled sparkling water brands in the United States in 2012 and 2013, based on sales
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This graph presents the market share of the leading 10 bottled sparkling water brands in the United States in 2012 and 2013. In 2012, Italian water brand San Pellegrino held a market share of around 15.6 percent in the United States, based on sales.
Bottled sparkling water
Bottled sparkling water is a subcategory of bottled water. It can be packaged in glass or plastic water bottles. Based on the definition of the International Bottled Water Association, sparkling bottled water is known as bottled water fortified with carbon dioxide. Other terms used for labeling include sparkling mineral water, carbonated water or sparkling drinking water. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, sparkling water is categorized under soft drinks.
Grocery shoppers can choose between key brands such as ‘Sparkling Ice’, ‘Perrier’ or ‘San Pellegrino’. ‘Perrier’ is a popular French mineral water brand, which source originates in Southern France. Consumers widely know the brand by the characteristic green, club-shaped bottle and the white lettering. According to the latest data published in the Beverage Industry Magazine, Perrier was ranked as the third leading bottled sparkling water brand with sales amounting to 145.17 million U.S. dollars in 2013. Compared to the previous sales year, the brand increased sales by roughly 20 percent. The generated sales correspond to a market share of 14.7 percent in 2013, down from 18.1 percent in the prior sales year. Only private label brands and ‘Sparkling Ice’ held a larger share of total category sales.
‘Perrier’ is owned by Nestlé Waters, one division of Swiss-based Nestlé S.A. Nestlé Waters continued to be a key player in the bottled water segment.
Bottled sparkling water has a convenient and healthy image for consumers in the United States. The per capita consumption of bottled water in the United States exceeded thirty gallons in 2012 – thus, it nearly doubled since 1999.
- Market share of leading soft drink companies in the U.S. 2004-2013Market share of leading soft drink companies in the U.S. 2004-2013
- Walmart Stores retail market share in the U.S. 2012-2013Walmart Stores retail market share in the U.S. 2012-2013
- Market share of the leading global candy brands based on sales 2011-2012Market share of the leading global candy brands based on sales 2011-2012
- Market share of the leading U.S. candy brands based on sales 2011-2012Market share of the leading U.S. candy brands based on sales 2011-2012
- Johnson & Johnson's market share of the global OTC and nutritionals marketJohnson & Johnson's market share of the global OTC and nutritionals market
- Per capita consumption of bottled water in the U.S. 1999-2013Per capita consumption of bottled water in the U.S. 1999-2013
- Per capita consumption of bottled water worldwide by leading countries 2008-2013Per capita consumption of bottled water worldwide by leading countries 2008-2013
- Industry total sales of packaged beverages in the U.S. 2013, by typeIndustry total sales of packaged beverages in the U.S. 2013, by type
- Bottled water in the U.S. - Statista dossier 2013Bottled water in the U.S. - Statista dossier 2013
- Non-alcoholic beverage consumption in the U.S. (Scarborough) - Statista Dossier 2012Non-alcoholic beverage consumption in the U.S. (Scarborough) - Statista Dossier 2012
- Nestlé - Statista Dossier 2014Nestlé - Statista Dossier 2014
- Tea market in the U.S. - Statista Dossier 2013Tea market in the U.S. - Statista Dossier 2013
- Seafood industry - Statista Dossier 2014Seafood industry - Statista Dossier 2014
- Vegetable oils and fats - Statista Dossier 2014Vegetable oils and fats - Statista Dossier 2014
- Wine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user typeWine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user type
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013