Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Development of the world population from 1950 to 2030 (in billions)
|World population in billions|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the development of the world population from 1950 to 2030. The world population was around 6.9 billion people in 2010.
The global population
As shown above, the total number of people living on Earth has more than doubled since the 1950s, and continues to increase. A look at the development of the world population since the beginning of the Common Era shows that such a surge in numbers is unprecedented. The first significant rise in population occurred during the 14th century, after the Black Death had killed approximately 25 million people worldwide. Subsequently, the global population increased slowly but steadily until it reached record numbers between 1950 and 2000.
The majority of the global population lives on the Asian continent, as a statistic of the world population by continent shows. In around 100 years, it is estimated that population levels on the African continent will have reached similar levels to those we see in Asia today. As for a forecast of the development of the world population, the figures are estimated to have reached more than 10 billion by the 22nd century.
Growing population numbers pose an increasing risk to the planet, since rocketing numbers equal increased consumption of food and resources. Scientists worry that natural resources, such as oil, and food resources will become scarce, endangering the human race and, even more so, the world’s ecosystem. Nowadays, the number of undernourished / starving people worldwide has decreased slightly, but forecasts paint a darker picture.
- World population - forecast about the developmentWorld population - forecast about the development
Forecast about the development of the world population from 2010 to 2100 (in billions)
- World population - DevelopmentWorld population - Development
Development of the world population since the beginning of the Common Era (in billions)
- Forecast: world population in 2100, by continentForecast: world population in 2100, by continent
Forecast of the world population for 2100, by continent
- Countries with the largest population 2013Countries with the largest population 2013
Ten countries with the largest population in mid 2013 (in millions)
- Global population by continent 2013Global population by continent 2013
Global population by continent as of mid-2013 (in millions)
- Monthly inflation rate in China as of November 2014Monthly inflation rate in China as of November 2014
- Full-time employees - unadjusted monthly number in the U.S., November 2014Full-time employees - unadjusted monthly number in the U.S., November 2014
- Inactive labor force - seasonally adjusted monthly number in the U.S. November 2014Inactive labor force - seasonally adjusted monthly number in the U.S. November 2014
- CPI inflation forecast comparison UK 2014-2018CPI inflation forecast comparison UK 2014-2018
- GDP growth forecast comparison UK 2014-2018GDP growth forecast comparison UK 2014-2018
- Inheritance tax income forecast United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2020Inheritance tax income forecast United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2020