Number of conflicts in Europe from 2005 to 2013, by conflict intensity
Please log in if you already have an account.
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
This statistic shows the number of conflicts in Europe from 2005 to 2013, by intensity of conflict. In 2005, there were 12 disputes in Europe.
According to the new conflict methodology in Heidelberg, the HIIK understands a political conflict as a positional difference regarding values relevant to a society, between at least two involved actors, for example ethnic or religious groups or governments. The conflict must be carried out using observable and interrelated conflict means that lie beyond established regulatory procedures and threaten a core state function or the order of international law, or hold out the prospect to do so.
Regarding the intensity of a political conflict the HIIK distinguishes five levels of intensity: dispute, non-violent crises, violent crises, limited war und war. These levels of conflict are dintinguished by the stage of physical violence applied in the course of conflict. The last three are violent conflicts, whereas a dispute is a political conflict carried out completely without resorting to violence, in a non-violent crisis one of the actors is threatened with violence. Violent conflicts are measured by the instruments for the use of force (use of weapons and use of personnel) and the consequences of the use of force (casualties, refugees and demolition).
- Conflicts in the Americas by intensity 2013Conflicts in the Americas by intensity 2013
- Conflicts worldwide in 2013, by region and intensity of conflictConflicts worldwide in 2013, by region and intensity of conflict
- Conflicts worldwide by intensity 2013Conflicts worldwide by intensity 2013
- Number of domestic and international conflicts worldwide in 2013, by intensityNumber of domestic and international conflicts worldwide in 2013, by intensity
- Global conflicts by reason and intensity in 2013Global conflicts by reason and intensity in 2013
- Soldiers killed in action in Afghanistan 2001-2014Soldiers killed in action in Afghanistan 2001-2014
- Monthly value of exports from China by month August 2014Monthly value of exports from China by month August 2014
- U.S. unemployment rate by occupation August 2014U.S. unemployment rate by occupation August 2014
- Satisfaction with gun policy in the US 2014Satisfaction with gun policy in the US 2014
- Monthly family expenditure in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012-2013, by family typeMonthly family expenditure in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012-2013, by family type
- Population of the U.S. by ethnicity 2000-2013Population of the U.S. by ethnicity 2000-2013