Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Global smartphone shipments by BlackBerry (RIM) from 2007 to 2013 (in million units)
|Shipments in million units|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the number of smartphone shipments made by RIM from the first quarter of 2007 to the most recent financial quarter. In the fourth quarter of 2007, RIM shipped around 4 million BlackBerry smartphones worldwide. In 2012, RIM achieved revenue of 18,435 million U.S. dollars.
Additional information on Blackberry
In the past, Blackberry was one of the most popular names within the smartphone market. Today however, Blackberry phones have been overtaken predominantly by Apple, with the iPhone and also by Samsung and Android. As of the start of 2013, Blackberry’s share of the global smartphone market had dropped to less than 3 percent, following a consistent steady decline. Back in the first quarter of 2011, Blackberry’s share of the global smartphone market was at 13.6 percent. As can be seen above, Blackberry’s phone shipments have also declined relatively quickly around the world since the end of 2010 and the company’s revenue and net profit figures have also shown a comparable decline.
In an attempt to try and improve promotion and sales, the company made the announcement in early 2013, that they would re-brand the company to be called Blackberry instead of Research in Motion (RIM) as before. At this time the company also released a new and improved operating system, Blackberry 10. More recently the Canadian company also announced that they would be prepared to sell the company or to join a joint venture with another company in order to help turn things around. There have been rumors lately that Microsoft may be interested.
- Global smartphone unit shipments forecast by operating system 2014 and 2018Global smartphone unit shipments forecast by operating system 2014 and 2018
Forecasted unit shipments of smartphones worldwide in 2014 and 2018 (in million units), by operating system
- Forecast: Global shipments of Android OS smartphones 2007-2016Forecast: Global shipments of Android OS smartphones 2007-2016
Global annual shipments of smartphones using the Android operating system from 2007 to 2016 (in million units)
- Smartphones: operating systems and device manufacturers 2012+Smartphones: operating systems and device manufacturers 2012
Share of smartphone subscribers by operating system and device manufacturer in the U.S. in 2nd quarter of 2012
- Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2012-2013+Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2012-2013
Global market share held by the leading smartphone vendors from 2012 to 2013
- Smartphone OS: global market share Q4 2010-Q4 2012Smartphone OS: global market share Q4 2010-Q4 2012
Global market share held by leading smartphone OS vendors from 3rd quarter 2010 to 4th quarter 2012
- Worldwide PC monitor vendors' market share of unit shipments 2012-2014Worldwide PC monitor vendors' market share of unit shipments 2012-2014
- PC monitor unit shipments worldwide by vendor 2012-2014PC monitor unit shipments worldwide by vendor 2012-2014
- Global smartphone OS market share held by RIM 2007-2014, by quarterGlobal smartphone OS market share held by RIM 2007-2014, by quarter
- Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018
- Total market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segmentTotal market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segment
- Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020