Australia: Unemployment rate from 2004 to 2014
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Unemployment occurs when people are without work, it is also known as joblessness. In order that the prevalence of unemployment can be measured, a calculation is made by the division of the number of unemployed individuals by all individuals currently in the labor force, this yields a percentage rate.
Unemployment in Australia
The rising rate of Australian unemployment and the employment slowdown poses a challenge for the new Australian administration. The prevalence of youth unemployment will be a particular challenge, as the rate of full-time jobseekers in the 15 to 19 year-old age group rose to 25.5 percent in early July. The adult unemployment rate in 2013 was at just over 5 percent. The problem of youth unemployment is a direct result of the marked reduction in the number of entry-level jobs in the labor market in the past few decades. With an ageing workforce and an even more rapidly aging population, the problem is set to become even more serious. There is little doubt that a high rate of unemployment among the youth will have an adverse affect on the future productivity and retirement of the workforce of today.
The unemployment rate in Australia is a serious problem. Long term unemployment - and the unemployed youth especially - will result in the loss of productivity in Australia and put greater pressure on the health, welfare systems and other public services in the future. Unemployment inevitably leads to poor living standards and poverty, which is why it is something to be tackled.
- Unemployment rate in selected world regions 2013Unemployment rate in selected world regions 2013
- Monthly unemployment rate in Japan August 2014Monthly unemployment rate in Japan August 2014
- Quarterly unemployment rate in France 2nd quarter 2013Quarterly unemployment rate in France 2nd quarter 2013
- Monthly unemployment rate in Brazil August 2013Monthly unemployment rate in Brazil August 2013
- U.S. unemployment rate: July 2014, seasonally adjustedU.S. unemployment rate: July 2014, seasonally adjusted
- Unemployment rate in Argentina 2014Unemployment rate in Argentina 2014
- Unemployment rate in China by 1st quarter 2011Unemployment rate in China by 1st quarter 2011
- U.S. unemployment rate: July 2014, unadjustedU.S. unemployment rate: July 2014, unadjusted
- Employment in China - Statista Dossier 2013Employment in China - Statista Dossier 2013
- European Union - Statista Dossier 2013European Union - Statista Dossier 2013
- Australia - Statista Dossier 2013Australia - Statista Dossier 2013
- Social insurance system in urban China - Statista Dossier 2013Social insurance system in urban China - Statista Dossier 2013
- Global economy - Statista Dossier 2013Global economy - Statista Dossier 2013
- Population in China - Statista Dossier 2013Population in China - Statista Dossier 2013
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Argentina 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in Argentina 2014
- Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014Total population of the United Arab Emirates 2014
- Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014Most valuable brands in the UK in 2014