Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
China: Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in current prices from 2009 to 2019 (in U.S. dollars)
|GDP per capita in U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The graph shows per capita gross domestic product (GDP) in China until 2012, with forecasts to 2019. In 2012, per capita GDP ranged at 6,076 U.S. dollars.
Per capita GDP in China – additional information
Gross domestic product is a commonly-used economic indicator for measuring the state of a country’s economy. GDP is the total market value of goods and services produced in a country within a given period of time, usually a year. Per capita GDP is defined as the GDP divided by the total number of people in the country. This indicator is generally used to compare the economic prosperity of countries with varying population sizes.
In 2010, China overtook Japan and became the world’s second-largest economy. As of 2012, it was the largest exporter and the second largest importer in the world. However, one reason behind its economic strength lies within its population size. China has to distribute its wealth among over 1.3 billion people. By 2014, China’s per capita GDP was only about one seventh as large as that of main industrialized countries. When compared to other emerging markets, China ranked third among BRIC countries in terms of GDP per capita, followed only by India.
According to projections by the IMF, per capita GDP in China will escalate from around 3,740 U.S. dollars in 2009 to 10,586 U.S. dollars in 2019. Possible reasons for this are the soaring economy and low population growth. China’s economic structure is also undergoing changes. A major trend lies in the shift from an industry-based to a service-based economy.
- Global gross domestic product (GDP) per capita 2013Global gross domestic product (GDP) per capita 2013
- Countries with the largest gross domestic product (GDP) per capita 2014Countries with the largest gross domestic product (GDP) per capita 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in selected global regions 2013Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in selected global regions 2013
- The 20 countries with the lowest gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in 2014The 20 countries with the lowest gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in 2014
- GDP per capita in Catalonia, Spain and Eurozone 2004-2013GDP per capita in Catalonia, Spain and Eurozone 2004-2013
- Total labor force in Hong Kong 2008-2013Total labor force in Hong Kong 2008-2013
- Labor force participation rate in Hong Kong 2008-2013Labor force participation rate in Hong Kong 2008-2013
- Unemployment rate in Hong Kong 2008-2013Unemployment rate in Hong Kong 2008-2013
- Monthly family expenditure in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012-2013, by family typeMonthly family expenditure in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012-2013, by family type
- Satisfaction with gun policy in the US 2014Satisfaction with gun policy in the US 2014
- Gross domestic product in Catalonia and Spain 2003-2013Gross domestic product in Catalonia and Spain 2003-2013