This statistic represents selected countries' railroad networks in 2012*, by length. Turkey's rail system stretched across 12,008 kilometers in 2012. Railroads are used to move both cargo and passengers.
Length of railroad network in selected countries around the world in 2012* (in kilometers)
You need a Premium membership to access this statistic.
Advantages of our Premium Account:
- Immediate access to our full Premium database
- Save time! Easy to include in your presentations
- Credible data! Over 18,000 data sources
With Statista, you get straight to the point: analyzing data, rather than searching for it.
to all statistics
PNG and PDF
|Total route length in kilometers|
- North American railroads - revenue 2013North American railroads - revenue 2013
- Investments in China's rail infrastructure 2014Investments in China's rail infrastructure 2014
- Rail transport market growth - forecastRail transport market growth - forecast
- Cargo capacity of freight cars in railroad traffic in China in 2013Cargo capacity of freight cars in railroad traffic in China in 2013
- Number of freight cars in Chinese railroad traffic in 2013Number of freight cars in Chinese railroad traffic in 2013
- Freight rail accidents: Canada 2004-2013Freight rail accidents: Canada 2004-2013
- Passenger rail accidents: Canada 2004-2013Passenger rail accidents: Canada 2004-2013
- Dangerous goods rail accidents: Canada 2004-2013Dangerous goods rail accidents: Canada 2004-2013
- Freight train miles: Canada 2004-2013Freight train miles: Canada 2004-2013
- Rail freight revenue ton-miles: Canada 2004-2013Rail freight revenue ton-miles: Canada 2004-2013
- Monthly passenger car sales in China October 2015, by country of originMonthly passenger car sales in China October 2015, by country of origin
- Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2014Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2014
- Commercial vehicle sales in China 2008-2015, by modelCommercial vehicle sales in China 2008-2015, by model