Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Brand value of the 25 most valuable brands in 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
|Brand value in million U.S. dollars|
|Bank of America||26,683|
|The Home Depot||24,323|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic presents the brand value of the 25 most valuable brands in 2014. Apple is the most valuable brand in the world with an estimated brand value of about 104.68 billion U.S. dollars. Samsung, which is the second leading brand in the world, has a brand value of about 78.75 billion U.S. dollars.
Not to be mistaken with brand equity, a phrase used in the marketing industry to describe the value of brands based on the implication that the owner of a well-known brand name can generate more money than from products with a less well known name, brand valuation is the estimation of a brands total value. This is achieved by following the International Organization for Standardization's ISO 10668 standard which maps out the appropriate process of valuing brands by adhering to six key requirements: transparency, validity, reliability, sufficiency, objectivity and financial, behavioral and legal parameters. A brand is an intangible asset (name, term, design, symbol or any other feature) identifies one seller's product from another and is often a corporation's most valued asset.
Strong brands enhance business performance primarily through their influence on three key stakeholder groups: (current and prospective) customers, employees and investors. They influence customer choice and create loyalty; attract, retain, and motivate talent; and lower the cost of financing. For example, Google is one of the most recognized brands in the world. In North America alone the brand's value amounted to approximately USD 114 billion in 2013.
Ultimately, brands help shape perceptions and, therefore, purchasing behavior, making products and service less substitutable. Brands, therefore, create economic value by generating higher returns and growth, and by mitigating risk.
- Most valuable fast food brands worldwide in 2014Most valuable fast food brands worldwide in 2014
- Brand value growth compared to the previous year worldwide 2010-2014, by sectorBrand value growth compared to the previous year worldwide 2010-2014, by sector
- Brand value of the leading 10 most valuable luxury brands worldwide 2014Brand value of the leading 10 most valuable luxury brands worldwide 2014
- Brand value of the leading 15 cosmetic brands worldwide 2014Brand value of the leading 15 cosmetic brands worldwide 2014
- Brand value of the leading personal care brands worldwide 2014Brand value of the leading personal care brands worldwide 2014
- Value of soap and cleaning products exports from the U.S. 2010-2013, by countryValue of soap and cleaning products exports from the U.S. 2010-2013, by country
- Car dealership network sizes in the United Kingdom (UK) July 2014Car dealership network sizes in the United Kingdom (UK) July 2014
- Brand value of the leading 30 most valuable Middle Eastern brands 2014Brand value of the leading 30 most valuable Middle Eastern brands 2014
- Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2012Total and e-commerce U.S. retail trade sales 2000-2012
- Percentage of e-commerce in total U.S. Q4 retail sales 2002-2013Percentage of e-commerce in total U.S. Q4 retail sales 2002-2013
- Leading refrigerated breakfast meat brands sales of the U.S. 2012Leading refrigerated breakfast meat brands sales of the U.S. 2012