This statistic shows the distribution of free and paid Android apps on the Google Play app store from 2009 to 2014. As of 2013, 67.5 percent of all Android applications were free, a 4.5 percent growth from the previous year. As of July 2015, Google Play is the number one app distribution platform in the world, with 1.6 million available applications.
Distribution of free and paid Android apps in the Google Play Store from 2009 to 2015
You need a Premium membership to access this statistic.
Advantages of our Premium Account:
- Immediate access to our full Premium database
- Save time! Easy to include in your presentations
- Credible data! Over 18,000 data sources
With Statista, you get straight to the point: analyzing data, rather than searching for it.
to all statistics
|Free apps||Paid apps|
- Great time-saver
- All relevant statistics included
Offer: Order your Premium Account now & and get this dossier for free.Get free dossier
- Android gaming app genre retention rate worldwide 2016Android gaming app genre retention rate worldwide 2016
- Leading Android app categories worldwide 2016Leading Android app categories worldwide 2016
- Android gaming app genre weekly usage frequency worldwide 2016Android gaming app genre weekly usage frequency worldwide 2016
- Daily time spent with Android games worldwide 2014, by countryDaily time spent with Android games worldwide 2014, by country
- App developers survey: average cost to develop an app in 2012, by OS App developers survey: average cost to develop an app in 2012, by OS
- Leading U.S. mobile retail properties 2016Leading U.S. mobile retail properties 2016
- Google Play: number of Android app downloads 2010-2016Google Play: number of Android app downloads 2010-2016
- Average active app usage in the United States 2012-2015Average active app usage in the United States 2012-2015
- U.S. average monthly app user engagement 2012-2015U.S. average monthly app user engagement 2012-2015
- Most funded Kickstarter projects 2016Most funded Kickstarter projects 2016