Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Google's advertising revenue from 2001 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
|Advertising revenue in billion U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic displays Google's advertising revenue since 2001. In 2013, Google's ad revenue amounted to almost 50.58 billion US dollars. In 2011, Google's revenue in that category had a year-on-year growth rate of 25 percent. Advertising is Google's main source of revenue.
Google's advertising revenues – additional information
Search advertising is an internet marketing method which positions advertisements on a search engine’s search result pages. Advertisements are therefore tailored to match the keywords or search terms used. Google dominates search advertising in the United States.
In a ranking of the share of search advertising revenue of the leading search sites in the United States from 2011 to 2015 Google ranked first. In 2011, Google was untouchable with its search ad revenue share amounting to more than 74 percent. This significant share is expected to be maintained till at least 2015. In comparison, Microsoft’s search ad revenue share is expected to amount to 13.2 percent by 2015 and Yahoo’s will only amount to 5.9 percent. AOL on the other hand will continue to fall behind its competitors with a share of just one percent.
Desktop advertisers, who choose to invest in Google, do so heavily. In the United States in 2013, Amazon spent more than any other desktop advertisers on Google with ad spending totaling 157.7 million U.S. dollars. Amazon dominated the list of leading advertisers with its nearest rival, Priceline Group, spending a relatively small 82.3 million U.S. dollars. Other names included in the ranking of leading desktop advertisers in Google for 2013 were Microsoft, Walmart and Comcast.
The figures on Google’s quarterly average advertising revenue per user are particularly revealing. In the fourth quarter of 2013, the company’s ARPU peaked at 46 U.S. dollars before decreasing slightly in the following quarter to 45 U.S. dollars.
- Global revenue of Google from 2002 to 2013Global revenue of Google from 2002 to 2013
Google's global revenue from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- WhatsApp Messenger revenue in the Apple App Store and Google Play in April 2013+WhatsApp Messenger revenue in the Apple App Store and Google Play in April 2013
WhatsApp Messenger revenue in the Apple App Store and Google Play in Germany and the U.S. in April 2013 (in 1,000 U.S. dollars)
- Leading online advertising networks in the U.S. in 2012+Leading online advertising networks in the U.S. in 2012
Leading online advertising networks in the U.S. in May 2012, based on visitor numbers (in millions)
- Global internet advertising revenue 2013-2018+Global internet advertising revenue 2013-2018
Global internet advertising revenue from 2013 to 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Digital advertising spending in the U.S. in 2012, by category+Digital advertising spending in the U.S. in 2012, by category
Digital advertising spending in the United States in 2012, by category (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Most played PC games 2014Most played PC games 2014
- Leading U.S. social media websites in December 2014Leading U.S. social media websites in December 2014
- Advertising spending in Brazil from 2011 to 2018Advertising spending in Brazil from 2011 to 2018
- Number of daily active Facebook users worldwide as of 3rd quarter 2014Number of daily active Facebook users worldwide as of 3rd quarter 2014
- MMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by typeMMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by type
- Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018