Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Number of available apps in the iTunes App Store from 2008 to 2014 (cumulative)
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This time series shows the number of available apps in the Apple App Store from 2008 to 2014. In 2014, the App Store offered 223,988 gaming apps; this figure had more than doubled since July 2012. In contrast, during that period of time the store had 958,048 non-gaming apps available.
iTunes App Store The Apple App Store opened on July 10, 2008 via an update to iTunes. This coincided with Apple’s launch of the second-generation iPhone 3G which supported mobile apps. Apps from the store can be downloaded directly to an iOS device such as an iPhone or iPad, or onto a personal computer via iTunes. Applications in the App Store are usually aimed at iOS devices and may make use of the specific attributes of those devices, such as motion sensors for game controls and cameras for online video calling. Mobile applications downloaded via the desktop version of iTunes are usually synchronized to iOS devices upon connection.
As of July 2013, the most popular Apple App Store category was gaming with almost 17 percent of apps being games. The second most popular app category was education, followed by entertainment and lifestyle apps. Mobile gaming apps usually generate the majority of their revenue through advertising and in-app purchases with only little more than a third of games being paid downloads. Popular gaming apps in the App Store include Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Doodle Jump, Words with Friends and Candy Crush Saga, the currently top grossing iOS game.
- Kickstarter: total amount of funding pledged as of October 2014Kickstarter: total amount of funding pledged as of October 2014
Cumulative amount of funding pledged to Kickstarter projects as of October 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
- Amounts loaned via peer-to-peer P2P consumer lending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014Amounts loaned via peer-to-peer P2P consumer lending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014
How much in total have you lent via this peer-to-peer lending platform?
- Share of eyewear sold online in the United States 2009-2012, by typeShare of eyewear sold online in the United States 2009-2012, by type
Percentage of eyewear sold online in the United States from 2009 to 2012, by type*
- Eyewear products U.S. consumers would purchase with internet assistance 2011+Eyewear products U.S. consumers would purchase with internet assistance 2011
Which of the following eyewear products might you purchase with the assistance of the internet in the future?
- Black Friday: number of items per online order 2011-2013Black Friday: number of items per online order 2011-2013
Average number of items per online order on Black Friday Black Friday 2011 and 2013
- U.S. smartphone usage for showrooming activities in October 2014U.S. smartphone usage for showrooming activities in October 2014
- Number of apps downloads from LINE Game as of November 2014Number of apps downloads from LINE Game as of November 2014
- Number of digital coupon users in the United States 2012-2016Number of digital coupon users in the United States 2012-2016
- MMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by typeMMO games market revenue worldwide 2013-2017, by type
- Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018
- B2C e-commerce as percentage of GDP worldwide 2009-2018B2C e-commerce as percentage of GDP worldwide 2009-2018