Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Net sales of Adidas and Puma worldwide from 2006 to 2013 (in million euros)*
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The graph depicts the annual net sales of Adidas and Puma worldwide from 2006 to 2013. In 2006, the global net sales of Puma were 2.76 billion euros.
Sporting Goods Industry
The global sports and fitness clothing industry is highly fragmented, with many brands competing, from basic discount brands to high-end fashion names. Even well-established brands have to work hard to maintain their share of the market. Consumers are demanding more versatile wear with wider functionality, which means retailers continue producing new styles of sports apparel for men and women. In some instances, sports apparel companies, like Adidas and Puma, have begun collaborating with fashion designers in order to produce new styles which will broaden their product lines.
Puma has a long-term mission of becoming the most desirable sport lifestyle company in the world. Describing themselves as the 'blue mountains', Puma has been trying to incorporate more edge, creativity and uniqueness to their designs which is evident with their collaborations with designer fashion names such as Sergio Rossi and Alexander McQueen.
Adidas is on the move and always has been. It has had an adventurous history since it first grew out of a family business in Herzogenaurach, Germany in the 1920s. With the hostile separation of two brothers’ interests in the 1940s, nearly going bust in the 1980s and then executing two rescue operations, first by sending production offshore to Asia and then by reinventing itself into a design and marketing company.
Adidas AG is the largest sportswear manufacturer in Europe and the second largest in the world. The company employed approximately 50,728 people worldwide in 2013. The Adidas Group's global net sales amounted to about 14.49 billion euros in 2013. In that year as well, the North American region of the adidas Group generated 18 percent of the company's retail net sales.
- Net profits of Adidas and Puma 2013Net profits of Adidas and Puma 2013
- adidas Group - revenue by regionadidas Group - revenue by region
- Footwear segment revenue of Nike, Adidas & Puma 2013Footwear segment revenue of Nike, Adidas & Puma 2013
- The adidas Group's wholesale net sales 2009-2013, by brandThe adidas Group's wholesale net sales 2009-2013, by brand
- Puma's apparel sales worldwide 1993-2013Puma's apparel sales worldwide 1993-2013
- Global wine consumption by selected countries 2012-2013Global wine consumption by selected countries 2012-2013
- Comparison of salt amount in Kellogg's Corn Flakes in Venezuela and the UK 2014Comparison of salt amount in Kellogg's Corn Flakes in Venezuela and the UK 2014
- Comparison of salt amount in Nestlé Fitness in Russia and Chile 2014Comparison of salt amount in Nestlé Fitness in Russia and Chile 2014
- Wine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user typeWine usage in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by user type
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2004-2013
- Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013Sales of the luxury goods industry in selected countries 2013