Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
China: share of global gross domestic product (GDP) adjusted for purchasing-power-parity (PPP) from 2009 to 2019
|Share of global GDP|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The graph shows China's share in global gross domestic product adjusted for purchasing-power-parity until 2011, with a forecast until 2019. In 2009, China's share was about 13 percent.br>
China’s global GDP share – additional information
Due to the introduction of capitalist market principles in 1978, China’s economic market began to show immense change and growth. China’s real GDP growth is expected at 7.29 percent in 2015. China’s per capita GDP is also expected to continue to grow into the 2020s, reaching 10,034 U.S. dollars in 2018. Comparatively, Luxembourg and Norway have some of the world’s largest GDP per capita with 112,404 U.S. dollars and 106,134 U.S. dollars, respectively, as of 2014.
China is the largest importer and exporter of goods in the world and is also among the largest manufacturing economies in the world. The country also ranges among the world’s largest agricultural producers and consumers. It relies heavily on intensive agricultural practices and is the world’s largest producer of pigs, chickens, and eggs. Livestock production has been heavily emphasized since the mid-1970s. China’s chemical industry has also seen growth with a heavy focus on fertilizers, plastics, and synthetic fibers. China is projected to use approximately 29 million metric tons of fertilizer in 2020 .
Industry and construction account for almost half of China’s GDP. Some of the major industries include mining and ore processing, food processing, coal, machinery, textiles and apparel, and consumer products. Almost half of China’s output is dedicated to investment purposes. However, as the country tends to support gross output, innovation, technological advancement, and even quality are often lacking.
- Growth of the global gross domestic product (GDP) 2014Growth of the global gross domestic product (GDP) 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in China 2009-2019Gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in China 2009-2019
- Global gross domestic product (GDP) 2014Global gross domestic product (GDP) 2014
- Global gross domestic product (GDP) per capita 2013Global gross domestic product (GDP) per capita 2013
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in China 2009-2019Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in China 2009-2019
- United States - Annual GDP 1990-2013United States - Annual GDP 1990-2013
- Real GDP growth in the United States by quarter 2009-2014Real GDP growth in the United States by quarter 2009-2014
- Quarterly change of the U.S. GDP from preceding period 2009-2014Quarterly change of the U.S. GDP from preceding period 2009-2014
- Monthly family expenditure in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012-2013, by family typeMonthly family expenditure in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012-2013, by family type
- Satisfaction with gun policy in the US 2014Satisfaction with gun policy in the US 2014
- Gross domestic product in Catalonia and Spain 2003-2013Gross domestic product in Catalonia and Spain 2003-2013