This statistic compares the worldwide steel production to global scrap consumption between 2005 and 2014. In 2010, around 1.4 billion metric tons worth of steel was produced globally, and some 530 million metric tons of steel scrap were consumed.
World steel production and scrap consumption from 2005 to 2014 (in million metric tons)
You need a Premium membership to access this statistic.
Advantages of our Premium Account:
- Immediate access to our full Premium database
- Save time! Easy to include in your presentations
- Credible data! Over 18,000 data sources
With Statista, you get straight to the point: analyzing data, rather than searching for it.
to all statistics
|Steel production||Scrap consumption*|
- Forecast: operating revenue steel manufacture China 2008-2020Forecast: operating revenue steel manufacture China 2008-2020
- Forecast: shipment value steel rolling Japan 2008-2020Forecast: shipment value steel rolling Japan 2008-2020
- Forecast: shipments hollow iron and steel product manufacture South Korea 2008-2020Forecast: shipments hollow iron and steel product manufacture South Korea 2008-2020
- Global leading automotive companies by revenue in 2014Global leading automotive companies by revenue in 2014
- Gold demand worldwide in U.S. dollars 2005-2014Gold demand worldwide in U.S. dollars 2005-2014
- Value of top 10 global mining and metals mega deals 2014Value of top 10 global mining and metals mega deals 2014