Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
India: Inflation rate from 2004 to 2014 (compared to the previous year)
|Inflation rate compared to previous year|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
The statistic shows the inflation rate in India from 2004 to 2014. The inflation rate is calculated using the price increase of a defined product basket. This product basket contains products and services, on which the average consumer spends money throughout the year. They include expenses for groceries, clothes, rent, power, telecommunications, recreational activities and raw materials (e.g. gas, oil), as well as federal fees and taxes. In 2011, the inflation rate in India was around 8.9 percent compared to the previous year.
India's inflation rate and economy
Inflation is generally defined as the increase of prices of goods and services over a certain period of time, as opposed to deflation, which describes a decrease of these prices. Inflation is a significant economic indicator for a country. The inflation rate is the rate at which the general rise in the level of prices, goods and services in an economy occurs and how it affects the cost of living of those living in a particular country. It influences the interest rates paid on savings and mortgage rates but also has a bearing on levels of state pensions and benefits received. A 4 percent increase in the rate of inflation in 2011 for example would mean an individual would need to spend 4 percent more on the goods he was purchasing than he would have done in 2010.
India’s inflation rate has been on the rise over the last decade. However, it has been decreasing slightly since 2010. India’s economy, however, has been doing quite well, with its GDP increasing steadily for years, and its national debt decreasing. The budget balance in relation to GDP is not looking too good, with the state deficit amounting to more than 9 percent of GDP.
- China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector September 2014China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector September 2014
- China: monthly Consumer Price Index (CPI) by region September 2014China: monthly Consumer Price Index (CPI) by region September 2014
- Monthly inflation rate in EU countries June 2014Monthly inflation rate in EU countries June 2014
- Monthly inflation rate in Euro area countries June 2014Monthly inflation rate in Euro area countries June 2014
- United States - monthly inflation rate September 2014United States - monthly inflation rate September 2014
- Weekly box office revenue in India - October 19-25, 2014Weekly box office revenue in India - October 19-25, 2014
- Consumer confidence in China September 2014Consumer confidence in China September 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) in India 2014Gross domestic product (GDP) in India 2014
- Inflation rate in Syria 2010Inflation rate in Syria 2010
- Selected companies recently acquired by Alibaba Group China 2014, by value of stakeSelected companies recently acquired by Alibaba Group China 2014, by value of stake
- European Union (EU): Member States' share of budget contributions 2013European Union (EU): Member States' share of budget contributions 2013