Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Most popular movies on Facebook in September 2014, based on number of fans (in millions)
|Fans on Facebook in millions|
|Fast & Furious||51.38|
|The Twilight Saga||47.91|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the movies with the most fans on Facebook as of September 2014. The Harry Potter series holds the top spot with 74.76 million Facebook fans, followed by Titanic with more than 56.64 million fans on the social network.
Films and social media Facebook features brand pages for companies to highlight and market their products and services to users. Brand pages usually display the latest products, most popular items and allow discussion and interaction between users. Facebook users can like a product page to become a fan. Facebook movie pages of series such as the Harry Potter movies usually display all of the films whilst highlighting the most recent ones. Others such as the Avatar Facebook page focus on a single movie. The pages usually feature release dates, information on the actors/actresses and production crew, behind-the-scenes information as well as links to trailers and options to purchase official film memorabilia and DVDs or downloads.
Online film and media consumption and discussion have always been popular activities. As of 2012, the share of moviegoers discussing movies on social media has undergone constant growth in all age groups with the most active being 18 to 24 year olds. Facebook is also a tool to build online buzz regarding special events such as the Academy Awards. In 2013, the most talked-about Academy Award Best Film nominees on Facebook were Django Unchained and Les Misérables.
Facebook is also the most popular social network for US users to share updates about cinema outings with approximately 50 percent of mobile users posting about going to the movies on Facebook.
- Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Most popular Facebook fan pages in September 2014Most popular Facebook fan pages in September 2014
- Popularity of U.S. newspapers on Facebook as of June 2013Popularity of U.S. newspapers on Facebook as of June 2013
- Popularity of newspapers on Facebook as of June 2013Popularity of newspapers on Facebook as of June 2013
- Facebook - leading German online stores based on number of fansFacebook - leading German online stores based on number of fans
- Social media marketing penetration in the U.S. 2013-2016Social media marketing penetration in the U.S. 2013-2016
- Cumulative total of Tumblr posts 2011-2014Cumulative total of Tumblr posts 2011-2014
- Number of Netflix DVD subscribers in the U.S. 2011-2014Number of Netflix DVD subscribers in the U.S. 2011-2014
- Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018Worldwide mobile retail commerce revenue 2012-2018
- Digital games industry revenue in the U.S. 2014, by categoryDigital games industry revenue in the U.S. 2014, by category
- Mobile app users in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2013-Q2 2016, by ageMobile app users in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2013-Q2 2016, by age