Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Most popular movies on Facebook in March 2014, based on number of fans (in millions)
|Fans on Facebook in millions|
|The Twilight Saga||45.52|
|Fast & Furious||43.96|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the movies with the most fans on Facebook as of March 2014. The Harry Potter series holds the top spot with 69.56 million Facebook fans, followed by Avatar with more than 50.83 million fans on the social network.
Films and social media Facebook features brand pages for companies to highlight and market their products and services to users. Brand pages usually display the latest products, most popular items and allow discussion and interaction between users. Facebook users can like a product page to become a fan. Facebook movie pages of series such as the Harry Potter movies usually display all of the films whilst highlighting the most recent ones. Others such as the Avatar Facebook page focus on a single movie. The pages usually feature release dates, information on the actors/actresses and production crew, behind-the-scenes information as well as links to trailers and options to purchase official film memorabilia and DVDs or downloads.
Online film and media consumption and discussion have always been popular activities. As of 2012, the share of moviegoers discussing movies on social media has undergone constant growth in all age groups with the most active being 18 to 24 year olds. Facebook is also a tool to build online buzz regarding special events such as the Academy Awards. In 2013, the most talked-about Academy Award Best Film nominees on Facebook were Django Unchained and Les Misérables.
Facebook is also the most popular social network for US users to share updates about cinema outings with approximately 50 percent of mobile users posting about going to the movies on Facebook.
- Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Most popular Facebook fan pages in June 2014Most popular Facebook fan pages in June 2014
- Popularity of U.S. newspapers on Facebook as of June 2013Popularity of U.S. newspapers on Facebook as of June 2013
- Popularity of newspapers on Facebook as of June 2013Popularity of newspapers on Facebook as of June 2013
- Facebook - leading German online stores based on number of fansFacebook - leading German online stores based on number of fans
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of September 2014Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of September 2014
- Market share held by web browsers in the U.S. 2012-2014, by monthMarket share held by web browsers in the U.S. 2012-2014, by month
- Leading U.S. social media websites in September 2014Leading U.S. social media websites in September 2014
- Percentage of adults who used computers in the U.S.Percentage of adults who used computers in the U.S.
- Percentage of adults who used the internet in the U.S. from 2000 to 2010Percentage of adults who used the internet in the U.S. from 2000 to 2010
- Digital advertising spending in the U.S. in 2012, by categoryDigital advertising spending in the U.S. in 2012, by category