Worldwide tablet shipments from 2nd quarter 2010 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million units)
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Shipments in million units|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
This statistic shows the number of tablet shipments worldwide from the second quarter of 2010 to the third quarter of 2014. Most recently, tablet shipments stood at 76.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2013, with the spike being due to the Christmas period.
Worldwide tablet shipments - additional information
Almost 220 million units of tablets were shipped worldwide in 2013, with shipments peaking at just under 77 million units in the final quarter of the year. Of these shipments throughout the year, 58.5 million were shipped in the Asia/Pacific region, making it the largest region for the shipment of tablets. Shipments in this region are expected to increase further in the coming years with the number set to reach almost 100 million units by 2017. Europe is the second largest regional market with 61 million tablet shipments in 2013 and a further 101.7 million forecast to be shipped in 2017.
Android overtook Apple’s iOS as the most popular operating system in 2012 and as of the second quarter of 2014, almost 37 percent of all tablets that were shipped worldwide ran on the Android operating system. iOS remains the second most popular operating system, holding a shipment share of 13.3 percent.
Apple is the leading tablet vendor, holding a share of 22.8 percent of global tablet shipments in the third quarter of 2014. The company has nevertheless seen its market share in the tablet market decline sharply since over 60 percent of all tablet shipments were iPads in the second quarter of 2012. This has coincided with the rise of Samsung, whose tablets run on Android, which has seen its market share rise from 7.6 percent to 18.3 percent in the same time period. Overall Samsung shipped just short of 10 million units of tablets in the third quarter of 2013, in comparison to the 12.3 million shipped by Apple, which generated the company revenue of almost 5.9 billion U.S. dollars.
- Global market share held by Lenovo of global tablet shipments 2012-2014Global market share held by Lenovo of global tablet shipments 2012-2014
Lenovo's market share of global tablet shipments from second quarter 2012 to third quarter 2014
- Total number of tablet shipments in North America 2013-2018+Total number of tablet shipments in North America 2013-2018
Tablet shipments in North America from 2013 to 2018 (in million units)*
- Regional breakdown of global tablet shipments 2013-2018+Regional breakdown of global tablet shipments 2013-2018
Global tablet shipments broken down by region from 2013 to 2018 (in million units)*
- Forecast: global shipments of tablets, laptops and desktop PCs 2010-2017Forecast: global shipments of tablets, laptops and desktop PCs 2010-2017
Forecast for global shipments of tablets, laptops and desktop PCs from 2010 to 2017 (in million units)
- Global market share held by ASUS of global tablet shipments 2012-2014Global market share held by ASUS of global tablet shipments 2012-2014
ASUS's market share of global tablet shipments from first quarter 2012 to third quarter 2014
- Worldwide PC monitor vendors' market share of unit shipments 2012-2014Worldwide PC monitor vendors' market share of unit shipments 2012-2014
- PC monitor unit shipments worldwide by vendor 2012-2014PC monitor unit shipments worldwide by vendor 2012-2014
- Global smartphone OS market share held by RIM 2007-2014, by quarterGlobal smartphone OS market share held by RIM 2007-2014, by quarter
- Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018Forecast spending global telecom services 2013-2018
- Total market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segmentTotal market size global BPO and IT services market 2013, by segment
- Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020Value of the global mHealth (mobile health) market 2012-2020