Revenue of selected leading hotels worldwide in 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Revenue in billion U.S. dollars|
|InterContinental Hotels Group (UK)*||-|
|Marriott International (US)||-|
|Hilton Worldwide (US)||-|
|Starwood Hotels & Resorts (US)||-|
|Wyndham Hotel Group (US)||-|
|Hyatt Hotels (US)||-|
|Shangri-La Asia (Hong Kong, China)||-|
|The Rezidor Hotel Group (Belgium)**||-|
|Home Inns (China)||-|
|Choice Hotels International (US)||-|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
This statistic shows the revenue of the largest hotel groups worldwide in 2013. Hilton Worldwide generated revenues of 9.76 billion U.S. dollars in 2013.
Global hotel groups - additional information
In 2012, InterContinental Hotels Group was the largest hotel group in the world in terms of revenue, generating almost ten billion U.S. dollars more than its closest competitor, Marriott International. Of the 12 largest global hotel groups, Choice Hotels International had the smallest revenue at just over two thirds of a billion U.S. dollars. However, Choice Hotels International had 6,128 hotels worldwide in 2013 – 1,526 more than the hotel group with the largest revenue, InterContinental.
In 2013, a large proportion of the hotels in the InterContinental Hotels Group was made up by properties belonging to Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn, with 2,258 and 1,216 hotels respectively. Other brands belonging to the InterContinental Hotels Group include the Crowne Plaza, Candlewood Suites, and Hotel Indigo. Despite being a British-owned company, the majority of the group’s revenue came from the Americas in 2013. The group appears to be popular in the United States, evidenced by the fact that is was given a Customer Satisfaction Index score of 78 out of 100 by Americans in 2013.
The most expensive region in the world in terms of average daily rates in hotels is the Middle East. In 2013, the average daily rate in the Middle East was 206.68 U.S. dollars – almost two and a half times higher than in Northern Africa, which was the cheapest region in the world. In 2013, people in Switzerland spent the most on average daily rates, both at home and away. People in Thailand spent the least when traveling at home.
- Number of hotels in the largest hotel groupsNumber of hotels in the largest hotel groups
- Top 10 hotel groups worldwide in 2008Top 10 hotel groups worldwide in 2008
- Maritim Hotel Group revenue 2010Maritim Hotel Group revenue 2010
- Limited-service hotel chains: average revenue per available room 2009Limited-service hotel chains: average revenue per available room 2009
- Tourism: hotel industry worldwide RevPARTourism: hotel industry worldwide RevPAR
- Impact of the global economic situation on business travel behavior in 2013 and 2014Impact of the global economic situation on business travel behavior in 2013 and 2014
- Change in outlook on the global economic impact on business travel from 2013 to 2014Change in outlook on the global economic impact on business travel from 2013 to 2014
- Positive effects of the global economic situation on business travel behavior in 2014Positive effects of the global economic situation on business travel behavior in 2014
- Overnight travel to the U.S. from other countries in 2000Overnight travel to the U.S. from other countries in 2000
- Number of overnight travelers from other countries to the U.S. 2000Number of overnight travelers from other countries to the U.S. 2000
- Percentage of overnight travel and destination of U.S. residents 2000Percentage of overnight travel and destination of U.S. residents 2000