The most successful music tours worldwide in 1st half 2014, based on gross revenue (in million U.S. dollars)
|Gross revenue in million U.S. dollars|
|The Rolling Stones||115.1|
|Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band||64.9|
|Cirque du Soleil - "Quidram"||33.1|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the most successful music tours worldwide in the first half of 2014, based on gross revenue. Justin Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience World Tour" generated 110.2 million U.S. dollars revenue, with 55 shows in 44 cities and almost more than 964 thousand tickets sold worldwide.
Concert business – additional information
Cirque du Soleil regularly appears in the ranking of best-earning concerts, usually with more than one title. In 2013, they landed ten titles among the 100 most successful music tours worldwide by revenue. In seventh place was their latest show “Michael Jackson: The Immortal”, written and directed by Jamie King (also responsible for Madonna’s Super Bowl XLVI halftime performance), which was a mixture of Michael Jackson’s music and Cirque du Soleil's acrobatics. Ranked twentieth was “Corteo,” a contemporary circus show, which premiered in Cirque du Soleil’s native Montreal, Canada in April 2005.
The concert and event promotion industry was expected to generate 25 billion U.S. dollars in revenue in 2014 in the United States alone, up from 23.3 billion five years earlier. In 2011, popular music concerts in the U.S. attracted 54.3 million visitors, which was a sharp increase from 47.4 million a year earlier. It has been estimated that 25 percent of the U.S. population attended a concert in 2012. That same year, Colorado’s capital city of Denver, along with Buffalo, New York and Des Moines, Iowa, earned the titles of the most concert-going cities in the United States – 34 percent of their respective populations attended a concert or bought a concert ticket.
Live Nation Entertainment is one of the leading companies in the concert/entertainment business in the United States. Their concert revenue amounted to more than 4.5 billion U.S. dollars in 2013, which constituted nearly 70 percent of their total revenue. Ticketing and artists management accounted for the remaining 30 percent. However, the company accrued losses anywhere between seven and 228.4 million U.S. dollars every year between 2006 and 2013.
- The most successful music tours in North America 2014, based on ticket salesThe most successful music tours in North America 2014, based on ticket sales
- The most successful music tours in North America in 2014The most successful music tours in North America in 2014
- Compound annual growth rate of global music revenue 2013-2018, by categoryCompound annual growth rate of global music revenue 2013-2018, by category
- Highest grossing music tours of all time in North America 2013Highest grossing music tours of all time in North America 2013
- Live music event attendance in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012, by attendee typeLive music event attendance in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012, by attendee type
- Highest earning DJs 2014Highest earning DJs 2014
- Music listening sources in the U.S. 2014Music listening sources in the U.S. 2014
- Recorded music retail revenues in the UK 2008-2013, by mediumRecorded music retail revenues in the UK 2008-2013, by medium
- Music industry in the United Kingdom - Statista Dossier 2014Music industry in the United Kingdom - Statista Dossier 2014
- Music - Statista Dossier 2013Music - Statista Dossier 2013
- Music industry in the U.S. - Statista Dossier 2013Music industry in the U.S. - Statista Dossier 2013
- Record labels in the U.S. - Statista Dossier 2014Record labels in the U.S. - Statista Dossier 2014
- The UK Festival Market Report 2012The UK Festival Market Report 2012
- Digital music in the United Kingdom - Statista Dossier 2014Digital music in the United Kingdom - Statista Dossier 2014
- Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012
- Market Research: Global distribution of revenues by method of surveyMarket Research: Global distribution of revenues by method of survey
- Growth of global media networks 2013Growth of global media networks 2013