The most successful music tours worldwide in 2013, based on gross revenue (in million U.S. dollars)
|Gross revenue in million U.S. dollars|
|Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band||145.4|
|Cirque du Soleil - "Michael Jackson: The Immortal"||133.4|
|The Rolling Stones||110.3|
|Jay Z / Justin Timerlake||69|
|Cirque du Soleil - "Corteo"||61.7|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic shows the 20 most successful music tours worldwide in 2013, based on gross revenue. Bon Jovi's "Because We Can: The Tour " generated 259.5 million U.S. dollars revenue, with 102 shows in 97 cities and almost 2.66 million tickets sold worldwide.
Concert business – additional information
Cirque du Soleil regularly appears in the ranking of best-earning concerts, usually with more than one title. In 2013, they landed ten titles among the 100 most successful music tours worldwide by revenue. In seventh place was their latest show “Michael Jackson: The Immortal”, written and directed by Jamie King (also responsible for Madonna’s Super Bowl XLVI halftime performance), which was a mixture of Michael Jackson’s music and Cirque du Soleil's acrobatics. Ranked twentieth was “Corteo,” a contemporary circus show, which premiered in Cirque du Soleil’s native Montreal, Canada in April 2005.
The concert and event promotion industry was expected to generate 25 billion U.S. dollars in revenue in 2014 in the United States alone, up from 23.3 billion five years earlier. In 2011, popular music concerts in the U.S. attracted 54.3 million visitors, which was a sharp increase from 47.4 million a year earlier. It has been estimated that 25 percent of the U.S. population attended a concert in 2012. That same year, Colorado’s capital city of Denver, along with Buffalo, New York and Des Moines, Iowa, earned the titles of the most concert-going cities in the United States – 34 percent of their respective populations attended a concert or bought a concert ticket.
Live Nation Entertainment is one of the leading companies in the concert/entertainment business in the United States. Their concert revenue amounted to more than 4.5 billion U.S. dollars in 2013, which constituted nearly 70 percent of their total revenue. Ticketing and artists management accounted for the remaining 30 percent. However, the company accrued losses anywhere between seven and 228.4 million U.S. dollars every year between 2006 and 2013.
- The most successful music tours in North America in 2013, based on ticket salesThe most successful music tours in North America in 2013, based on ticket sales
- The most successful music tours in North America in 2013The most successful music tours in North America in 2013
- Compound annual growth rate of global music revenue 2013-2018, by categoryCompound annual growth rate of global music revenue 2013-2018, by category
- Highest grossing music tours of all time in North America 2013Highest grossing music tours of all time in North America 2013
- Live music event attendance in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012, by attendee typeLive music event attendance in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012, by attendee type
- Digital album sales in the U.S. 2008-2014Digital album sales in the U.S. 2008-2014
- LP album sales in the United States 1993-2014LP album sales in the United States 1993-2014
- Top-selling vinyl albums in the U.S. 2014Top-selling vinyl albums in the U.S. 2014
- Music industry in the United Kingdom - Statista Dossier 2014Music industry in the United Kingdom - Statista Dossier 2014
- Music - Statista Dossier 2013Music - Statista Dossier 2013
- Music industry in the U.S. - Statista Dossier 2013Music industry in the U.S. - Statista Dossier 2013
- The UK Festival Market Report 2012The UK Festival Market Report 2012
- The Digital Music Market Report 2014The Digital Music Market Report 2014
Report included in Corporate Account only
- Digital Music Report 2011Digital Music Report 2011
- Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012Reasons for declining magazine readership in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012
- Market Research: Global distribution of revenues by method of surveyMarket Research: Global distribution of revenues by method of survey
- Leading gaming markets worldwide 2014, by revenueLeading gaming markets worldwide 2014, by revenue