Number of passenger cars and commercial vehicles exported from China from 2009 to 2013, by type
Please log in if you already have an account.
|Passenger cars||Commercial vehicles|
Sign Up for Account
Sign Up for Account
The graph shows the number of cars exported from China until 2013, by car type. In 2009, around 217,000 commercial vehicles had been exported from China.
Automobile exports of China – additional information
As of 2013, China was the world’s largest car producing country. Around one fifth of the global passenger car production had been manufactured in China, exceeding the overall share of the European Union. First and foremost, car production in China is set to satisfy domestic car demand, as only about three percent of passenger cars manufactured in China had been destined for export markets in 2013, according to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM). The national vehicle demand has been steadily increasing over the past years, and with rising standards of living, a broadening middle class population and an ongoing trend of urbanization factoring into the equation, a growth burst in the near future is anticipated in the Chinese vehicle market.
On other national car markets, Chinese car brands enjoy a significant cost advantage over imported cars from international automobile manufacturers. Thus, other developing countries and emerging markets were the main export destinations for Chinese vehicle exports in 2013. Although exports of Chinese car brands had increased by 164 percent between 2009 and 2013, it is still a long way for China to become a car export powerhouse. Vehicles made in China have not posed a threat to Japanese or European auto makers since Chinese exports are concentrated in low-end market segments. From 2009 to 2013, export prices of Chinese passenger cars had largely remained unchanged.
- Car production in China 2004-2014+Car production in China 2004-2014
Production of cars in China from 2004 to November 2014 (in 1,000 units)
- Automobile production in China by month November 2014+Automobile production in China by month November 2014
Automobile production in China from November 2013 to November 2014 (in 1,000 units)
- Automobile sales in China by month November 2014+Automobile sales in China by month November 2014
Automobile sales in China from November 2013 to November 2014 (in 1,000 units)
- Vehicle sales in China 2008-2014+Vehicle sales in China 2008-2014
Passenger vehicle and commercial vehicle sales in China from 2008 to November 2014 (in million units)
- Sales of commercial vehicles in China November 2014, by model+Sales of commercial vehicles in China November 2014, by model
Number of commercial vehicles sold in China from 2008 to November 2014, by model (in 1,000 units)
- Trend in new passenger car registrations in Europe 2014Trend in new passenger car registrations in Europe 2014
- Volkswagen's EU share: new-car registrations in November 2014Volkswagen's EU share: new-car registrations in November 2014
- Opel and Vauxhall's market share of new car registrations - EU 2014Opel and Vauxhall's market share of new car registrations - EU 2014
- Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013
- Sales of commercial vehicles in China November 2014, by modelSales of commercial vehicles in China November 2014, by model
- Passenger car sales in China by model as of November 2014Passenger car sales in China by model as of November 2014