Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Size of the global construction equipment market from 2008 to 2010 with projections through 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars)
|Revenue in billion U.S. dollars|
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic represents the size of the global construction equipment market between 2008 and 2010 with projections through 2015. In 2008, this market was sized at around 108.5 billion U.S. dollars.
Size of the global construction equipment market
Caterpillar, Komatsu and Hitachi are among the world’s leading manufacturers of construction equipment, which includes for example excavators, wheel loaders, pavers and concrete mixers. Construction machinery manufacturers sell their equipment to customers in the private as well as the public segment, the latter one being highly dependent on investment efforts undertaken by political decision makers. During the 2008 financial crisis, many politicians delayed the continued renewal of their countries’ infrastructure, resulting in a stark decline in market volume particularly in mature economies such as Japan.
The global market for construction equipment is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.3 percent from around 102.3 billion U.S. dollars in 2010 to about 145.3 billion U.S. dollars in 2015. After dramatic declines between 2008 and 2009, North America is projected to grow at an annual growth rate in the double digits from 2010 to 2015, while India and the VISTA* states are expected to hold the largest potential for growth: India’s construction machinery market is estimated to reach eight billion U.S. dollars by 2015.
* VISTA is an acronym for Vietnam, Indonesia, South Africa, Turkey and Argentina.
- Global construction machinery market size by region: outlook for 2015Global construction machinery market size by region: outlook for 2015
Global construction equipment market size forecast from 2010 to 2015, by region (in billion U.S. dollars)
- 3D printers - worldwide market size 2014-2018+3D printers - worldwide market size 2014-2018
Global 3D printer market size in 2014 and 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Projected global market size for new industrial trucks from 2012 to 2017Projected global market size for new industrial trucks from 2012 to 2017
Projected size of the global market for new industrial trucks from 2012 to 2017 (in 1,000 units)
- Global electronics industry - market size by countryGlobal electronics industry - market size by country
Leading countries in the electronics industry in 2012, based on market size (in billion euros)
- RFID tags - global market size forecast 2010-2020RFID tags - global market size forecast 2010-2020
Projected size of the global market for RFID tags from 2010 to 2020 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Aurubis AG's revenue 2003-2014Aurubis AG's revenue 2003-2014
- Automobile production in China by month November 2014Automobile production in China by month November 2014
- Revenue - Carl Zeiss 2011-2014Revenue - Carl Zeiss 2011-2014
- Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013
- Car production in China 2004-2014Car production in China 2004-2014
- Copper and copper alloys - demand in global key regions 2013Copper and copper alloys - demand in global key regions 2013