Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
Global construction equipment market size forecast from 2010 to 2015, by region (in billion U.S. dollars)
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic gives an outlook for the global construction equipment market from 2010 through 2015, by region. In 2011, the European construction equipment market is expected to have a size of around 20.8 billion U.S. dollars.
Global construction equipment market size forecast
China, North America and Europe are expected to be the largest markets for construction equipment for years to come. By 2015, the Chinese construction equipment market is predicted to be sized at just under 44 billion U.S. dollars. The trend in China is underpinning the Asia-Pacific region’s role as a driver of growth: India and Japan are forecast to experience significant increases in market volume by 2015.
The term construction equipment refers to machinery designed for executing construction tasks. Crawler dozers, crawler excavators, aerial work platforms and wheel loaders rank among the most important product categories in this industry. The leading manufacturers of construction equipment include Caterpillar and Terex of the United States, Sweden’s Volvo, Komatsu and Hitachi of Japan, as well as Switzerland’s Liebherr. SANY, LiuGong and Zoomlion are among China’s leading manufacturers of heavy machinery.
In emerging markets, increasingly affluent consumers are predicted to drive demand for larger residential structures and developments in infrastructure, while some experts also see bullish trends in industrial countries, where construction activity is expected to increase to fix aging infrastructure.
- Revenue of construction machinery manufacturing in the U.S., 2009-2014+Revenue of construction machinery manufacturing in the U.S., 2009-2014
Revenue of construction machinery manufacturing (NAICS 33312) in the United States from 2009 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Largest construction machinery manufacturers worldwide - sales 2013+Largest construction machinery manufacturers worldwide - sales 2013
The world's largest construction machinery manufacturers in 2013, based on construction equipment sales (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Global construction machinery market - outlook through 2015Global construction machinery market - outlook through 2015
Size of the global construction equipment market from 2008 to 2010 with projections through 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Global construction equipment market by segment: outlook through 2020+Global construction equipment market by segment: outlook through 2020
Global construction equipment market size forecast from 2000 to 2020, by segment (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Projected sales of construction machinery in China+Projected sales of construction machinery in China
Projected sales of construction machinery and equipment in China in 2010 and 2015, by product category (in 1,000 units)
- Aurubis AG's revenue 2003-2014Aurubis AG's revenue 2003-2014
- Automobile production in China by month November 2014Automobile production in China by month November 2014
- Revenue - Carl Zeiss 2011-2014Revenue - Carl Zeiss 2011-2014
- Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013
- Car production in China 2004-2014Car production in China 2004-2014
- Copper and copper alloys - demand in global key regions 2013Copper and copper alloys - demand in global key regions 2013