Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
The world's leading primary aluminum producing companies in 2013, based on production output (in 1,000 metric tons)
|Production output in thousand metric tons|
|UC Rusal |
|Rio Tinto Alcan |
|China Power Investment |
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic represents the largest producing companies of primary aluminum worldwide in 2013. In terms of production output, state-backed Aluminum Corporation of China Limited (Chalco) was the largest aluminum company that year.
The world’s largest aluminum companies
Although aluminum is one of the world’s most widely used non-ferrous metals, the global aluminum supply is projected to outstrip demand by a wide margin in 2013. While worldwide consumption levels stood at around 45 million metric tons in 2012, global primary production of aluminum amounted to just under 48 million metric tons in the same year. In addition to this, the growing volume of recycled aluminum is expected to further exacerbate the imbalance of supply and demand in the aluminum industry. In light of a rising supply surplus, aluminum prices are projected to plunge by almost 40 percent in 2013 over 2008. As a result, aluminum producers are predicted to increase their levels of idle production capacities. Chalco, Rusal, Alcoa and Rio Tinto are ranked among the largest aluminum producers globally.
The main aluminum markets include China, the European Union, the United States, Japan and India. Aluminum demand in China grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 15 percent from 2011 to 2012. However, China’s double digit aluminum demand growth rates are expected to cool down and reach a tepid four percent in 2013. Globally, the main end-users of the base metal include the following sectors: transportation, construction, electrical engineering, machinery manufacturing and packaging.
- Aluminum - production 2010-2013Aluminum - production 2010-2013
- Steel producers worldwide based on production volume 2013Steel producers worldwide based on production volume 2013
- Primary aluminum production - U.S 2009-2013Primary aluminum production - U.S 2009-2013
- China: share in global metal productionChina: share in global metal production
- Forecast: Turnover of aluminium production in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2018Forecast: Turnover of aluminium production in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2018
- Automobile production in China by month August 2014Automobile production in China by month August 2014
- Car production in China 2004-2014Car production in China 2004-2014
- Global leading manufacturers of transportation equipment in 2013Global leading manufacturers of transportation equipment in 2013
- Additive manufacturing projected global market size 2008-2023Additive manufacturing projected global market size 2008-2023
- Passenger car production of the United States and worldwide 1999-2013Passenger car production of the United States and worldwide 1999-2013
- Leading passenger car manufacturers worldwide - production 2012Leading passenger car manufacturers worldwide - production 2012