Get a free account in less than 60 seconds. ?
The world's leading primary aluminum producing companies in 2013, based on production output (in 1,000 metric tons)
|Production output in thousand metric tons|
|UC Rusal |
|Rio Tinto Alcan |
|China Power Investment |
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
Sign Up for Free Basic Account
This statistic represents the largest producing companies of primary aluminum worldwide in 2013. In terms of production output, state-backed Aluminum Corporation of China Limited (Chalco) was the largest aluminum company that year.
The world’s largest aluminum companies
Although aluminum is one of the world’s most widely used non-ferrous metals, the global aluminum supply is projected to outstrip demand by a wide margin in 2013. While worldwide consumption levels stood at around 45 million metric tons in 2012, global primary production of aluminum amounted to just under 48 million metric tons in the same year. In addition to this, the growing volume of recycled aluminum is expected to further exacerbate the imbalance of supply and demand in the aluminum industry. In light of a rising supply surplus, aluminum prices are projected to plunge by almost 40 percent in 2013 over 2008. As a result, aluminum producers are predicted to increase their levels of idle production capacities. Chalco, Rusal, Alcoa and Rio Tinto are ranked among the largest aluminum producers globally.
The main aluminum markets include China, the European Union, the United States, Japan and India. Aluminum demand in China grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 15 percent from 2011 to 2012. However, China’s double digit aluminum demand growth rates are expected to cool down and reach a tepid four percent in 2013. Globally, the main end-users of the base metal include the following sectors: transportation, construction, electrical engineering, machinery manufacturing and packaging.
- Aluminum - production 2010-2013+Aluminum - production 2010-2013
Countries with the largest smelter production of aluminum from 2010 to 2013 (in 1,000 metric tons)
- Steel producers worldwide based on production volume 2013Steel producers worldwide based on production volume 2013
The world's largest steel producers in 2013, ranked by production volume (in million metric tons)
- Primary aluminum production - U.S 2009-2013+Primary aluminum production - U.S 2009-2013
Primary aluminum production in the U.S. from 2009 to 2013 (in 1,000 metric tons)
- China: share in global metal production+China: share in global metal production
China's production of selected metals as a share of global production in 2010
- Passenger car production of the United States and worldwide 1999-2013Passenger car production of the United States and worldwide 1999-2013
Passenger car production of the United States and worldwide from 1999 to 2013
- Mercedes: market share of new car registrations in the EU 2014Mercedes: market share of new car registrations in the EU 2014
- Sales value of spark-ignition piston engines in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2013Sales value of spark-ignition piston engines in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2013
- Sales value of small spark-ignition engine vehicles in the UK 2010-2013Sales value of small spark-ignition engine vehicles in the UK 2010-2013
- Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013Leading carmakers worldwide - global market share 2013
- Car production in China 2004-2014Car production in China 2004-2014
- Copper and copper alloys - demand in global key regions 2013Copper and copper alloys - demand in global key regions 2013