A human society can be defined as a group of people involved in persistent interpersonal relationships, or a large social grouping sharing the same geographical or social territory, typically subject to the same political authority and dominant cultural expectations. (source: wikipedia)
The category Society at Statista is a bit different from other categories because it is not directly related to an industry or a distinctive economical branch. Society contains a broader set of topics across industries, like macroeconomic indicators as the Gross Domestic Product or general employment figures for the workforce of the United States.
Additionally all things relating the general population of a country (mostly the U.S.) belongs in this category, ranging from general demographics, education and religion, to politics and the state of the government.
Society is organized in seven subcategories: As mentioned before there is data on demographics containing general population figures like birth and death rates, numbers on marriage and divorce, or ethnicity and age, but also data on the structure and living situation of families and households in general.
The second major subcategory contains data relating the nations’ economic development and situation. In here are gathered macroeconomic and microeconomic data, data on employment, earnings, income and poverty, cost of living and much more.
Politics and Government is the third major subcategory presenting all data and statistics on the work and status of the government, like expenses, budget plans and the public debt. Public opinion on political issues and discussion can be found here, next to data on elections and the composition of Congress. National security and defense is also a topic here.
There are four more subcategories in society regarding crime and law enforcement, education, religion and geography and environment.
Picture: istockphoto.com / photomorphic
- U.S. youth unemployment rate: June 2014, seasonally adjustedU.S. youth unemployment rate: June 2014, seasonally adjusted
- U.S. unemployment rate: June 2014, seasonally adjustedU.S. unemployment rate: June 2014, seasonally adjusted
- Producer Price Index for commodities 1990-2013Producer Price Index for commodities 1990-2013
- U.S. unemployment rate: June 2014, unadjustedU.S. unemployment rate: June 2014, unadjusted
- Soldiers killed in action in Afghanistan 2001-2014Soldiers killed in action in Afghanistan 2001-2014
- Chemie & Rohstoffe
Chemie & Rohstoffe
- Dienstleistungen & Handwerk
Dienstleistungen & Handwerk
- E-Commerce & Versandhandel
E-Commerce & Versandhandel
- Energie & Umwelt
Energie & Umwelt
- Finanzen, Versicherungen & Immobilien
Finanzen, Versicherungen & Immobilien
- Konsum & FMCG
Konsum & FMCG
- Medien & Marketing
Medien & Marketing
- Metall & Elektronik
Metall & Elektronik
- Pharma & Gesundheit
Pharma & Gesundheit
- Technik & Telekommunikation
Technik & Telekommunikation
- Tourismus & Gastronomie
Tourismus & Gastronomie
- Verkehr & Logistik
Verkehr & Logistik
- Verwaltung & Verteidigung
Verwaltung & Verteidigung
- Wirtschaft & Politik
Wirtschaft & Politik