Google Revenue Hits $50 Billion
Google ended 2012 with a strong holiday quarter. The search giant posted revenue of $14.4 billion for the fourth quarter, ending the year with total revenue passing $50 billion for the first time.
Net income for the fourth quarter came in at $2.89 billion, including a loss from the recently sold Motorola Home business. For the full fiscal year 2012, Google posted a net profit of $10.75 billion.
Google’s stock price reacted positively in after hours trading, as the results slightly beat Wall Street’s expectations.
Google's global revenue from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Global revenue of Google from 2002 to 2013
Google's revenue from 1st quarter 2008 to 4th quarter 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
Google's revenue as of 4th quarter 2013
Most popular GooglePlus users as of September 2013, ranked by number of followers (in millions)
Most popular GooglePlus users as of September 2013
Yes, please send me a daily reminder for the 'Chart of the Day'
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter