Google Sees a Jump in Profits
Google is off to a great start in 2013. From January through March, the company raked in $14 billion in revenue.
The company's profit grew 16 percent over last year's first quarter to reach a total of $3.5 billion.
After rallying to an all-time high early in early March, Google's stock price came back to earth in the past few weeks. On April 18, the stock closed at $766.91, roughly percent below its recent peak.
Apple's Astonishing Profit in Context
This chart shows Apple’s net profit in fiscal 2012 compared to the combined profits of several big players from different industries.
Google Revenue Hits $50 Billion
This infographic illustrates Google’s tremendous growth since going public in 2004.
Apple Stock Crashes to 15-Months Low
This chart illustrates Apple's recent stock performance. The stock is down more than 40 percent from its peak in September 2012 and briefly fell below $400 for the first time since 2011 on April 17, 2013.
Slow Start for Google Glass
This chart shows a forecast of annual Google Glass sales.
Google's global revenue from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Global revenue of Google from 2002 to 2013
Google's revenue from 1st quarter 2008 to 4th quarter 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
Google's revenue as of 4th quarter 2013
Most popular GooglePlus users as of September 2013, ranked by number of followers (in millions)
Most popular GooglePlus users as of September 2013
Yes, please send me a daily reminder for the 'Chart of the Day'
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter