ExxonMobil - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about ExxonMobil
According to revenues and market value, the Exxon Mobil Corporation is today one of the largest companies worldwide. Different sources may vary, but ExxonMobil has been ranked first or second on almost all company top lists. The oil and gas company is headquartered in Irving, Texas. It was formed in 1999 through the merger of Exxon and Mobil, but its roots go back to John D. Rockefeller’s Standard Oil Company.
2011 was ExxonMobil’s most successful year within a decade in terms of revenue, exceeding the previous year by almost 100 billion U.S. dollars. The same can be said for the company’s profits, which amounted to more than 41 billion U.S. dollars in that year. At the end of 2014, ExxonMobil had a market valuation of approximately 390 billion U.S. dollars. Approximately 75 thousand persons were employed by ExxonMobil in 2014.
ExxonMobil is composed of three divisions: Upstream, Downstream, and Chemical. Upstream, which includes exploration and extraction, is by far the most important division. With approximately 27.5 billion U.S. dollars, it was responsible for around 85 percent of the company’s total net income in 2014. In the same year, ExxonMobil Upstream’s production output in oil equivalents was some six million barrels per day (liquids plus natural gas).
The company owns oil refineries all over the world, with a refining capacity of some 5.1 million barrels per day. That makes ExxonMobil one of the world’s top refiners. The company’s total proved reserves reach a total oil equivalent of over 25 billion barrels. However, Exxon Mobil owns less than one percent of the world’s total oil and gas reserves.
|Market Value||$356.5bn||Details →|
|Exxon Mobile's net income||$32,520m||Details →|
|Exxon Mobile's cash dividends per common share||$2.70||Details →|
|Number of employees at Exxon Mobile||75,300||Details →|
|Reserves and Production||Values||Statistic|
|Petroleum product sales of Exxon Mobile's Downstream Division||5,875k bbl/d||Details →|
|Exxon Mobile's Chemical's sales of prime products||24,235k t||Details →|
|Exxon Mobile's crude oil and product purchases||$225,972m||Details →|
|Exxon Mobile's research and development costs||$971m||Details →|
|Exxon Mobile's exploration expenses||$1,669m||Details →|
- Exxon Mobil's revenue 2001-2014Exxon Mobil's revenue 2001-2014
Exxon Mobil's revenue from 2001 to 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
- Exxon Mobil - market value 2001-2014+Exxon Mobil - market value 2001-2014
Market value of Exxon Mobil from 2001 to 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
- Top 10 oil and gas companies based on market value 2015+Top 10 oil and gas companies based on market value 2015
Top 10 oil and gas companies worldwide based on market value in 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- The complete topic in one convenient package
- Instant access and download
- Great time-saver
- Forecast: revenue pump and processor manufacture - other UK 2008-2020Forecast: revenue pump and processor manufacture - other UK 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue pump and processor manufacture - other Germany 2008-2020Forecast: revenue pump and processor manufacture - other Germany 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue oil and gas extraction support activities UK 2008-2020Forecast: revenue oil and gas extraction support activities UK 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue oil and gas extraction support activities France 2009-2020Forecast: revenue oil and gas extraction support activities France 2009-2020
- Forecast: revenue pump and processor manufacture - other France 2008-2020Forecast: revenue pump and processor manufacture - other France 2008-2020