U.S. Trade Show Marketing - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about Trade Show Marketing in the United States
Trade shows remain among the most valued and used business-to-business marketing strategies in the United States, receiving the greatest share of the B2B marketing budget and consistently ranking highly in effectiveness.
Face-to-face interaction is at the core of trade show marketing success, with exhibitors and trade show attendees alike finding face-to-face encounters important in reaching prospective customers or potential vendors, and in positioning their brand. Strategic outsourcing of meeting-related services often supports effective trade show marketing.
Likewise, exhibition audience quality remains high—almost half of all trade show attendees report having final buying say at their organizations—and exhibitors have increasing success attracting their potential audience.
Though trade show industry revenue growth has been affected by the U.S. economic slowdown, and visitors show a decreased willingness to buy exhibited products, trade shows remain important to marketers and marketer confidence remains high.
Photo: sxc.hu / Gastonmag
|Growth of exhibition industry revenue in the U.S., by half year||2.3%||Details →|
|Average number of trade show visitors per 100 square feet of exhibit space in the U.S.||2.2||Details →|
|Area of trade shows in the U.S.||0.58m NSF||Details →|
|Average time trade show visitors spent viewing exhibits in the U.S.||9.5h||Details →|
|Share of trade show visitors attending that trade show for the first time in the U.S.||38%||Details →|
- Allocation of B2B marketing budgets in the U.S. 2011, by marketing channel+Allocation of B2B marketing budgets in the U.S. 2011, by marketing channel
Average allocation of B2B marketing budgets in the United States in 2011, by marketing channel
- Exhibition industry revenue growth in the U.S. 2010-2012+Exhibition industry revenue growth in the U.S. 2010-2012
Growth of exhibition industry revenue in the United States from 2010 to 2012, by half-year
- Leading trade shows in the U.S. in 2015, by area+Leading trade shows in the U.S. in 2015, by area
Leading trade shows in the United States in 2015, by area (in square feet)
- Revenue of leading trade fair organizers worldwide 2014+Revenue of leading trade fair organizers worldwide 2014
Revenue of leading trade fair organizers worldwide in 2014 (in million euros)
- The complete topic in one convenient package
- Instant access and download
- Great time-saver
- Most effective marketing channels/strategies worldwide 2014Most effective marketing channels/strategies worldwide 2014
- Revenue of leading trade fair organizers worldwide 2014Revenue of leading trade fair organizers worldwide 2014
- Largest exhibition halls in the world by hall capacity 2016Largest exhibition halls in the world by hall capacity 2016
- Global exhibition industry revenue 2013-2014Global exhibition industry revenue 2013-2014
- Revenues of selected trade fair companies in Germany 2014Revenues of selected trade fair companies in Germany 2014