Apple's Share of Mobile Web Usage Drops 10% in a Year
According to market research firm Net Applications, Android is starting to catch up with iOS in terms of mobile web usage. Apple devices still account for the lion's share of mobile browsing, but Apple's lead is gradually shrinking.
Number of smartphones sold to end users worldwide from 2007 to 2013 (in million units)
Global smartphone sales to end users 2007-2013
Worldwide market share of smartphone vendors in 2011
Smartphone vendors: global market share 2011
Mobile internet users in the United States from 2009 to 2014 (in millions)
Mobile internet users in the United States from 2009 to 2014
Yes, please send me a daily reminder for the 'Chart of the Day'
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter