U.S. Kids Watch Hundreds of Fast Food Ads Per Year
An average American child saw more than 1,000 fast food ads in 2012, according to a study published by the Yale Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity. Given these numbers, it is no surprise that the U.S. has the second highest child obesity rate in the world.
McDonald's revenue from 2005 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)*
McDonald's revenue 2013
Brand value of the 10 most valuable fast food brands worldwide in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
Most valuable fast food brands worldwide in 2013
Revenue of the fast food restaurant industry in the U.S. from 2002 to 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)
U.S. fast food restaurant industry total revenue
Yes, please send me a daily reminder for the 'Chart of the Day'
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter