How iPhone Announcements Affect Apple Stock
When Apple releases a new product, expectations are always high. Sometimes these expectations can be tough to beat. In Apple's case, the hype surrounding its yet to be announced products is often so big that inevitably some people feel underwhelmed when the actual product arrives.
Above chart illustrates how Apple's stock price is influenced by the hype before and the reaction after a new iPhone announcement.
The New iPhones Are Off to a Golden Start
Apple's new iPhone models, the high-end iPhone 5S and the mid-range iPhone 5C, are off to a great start. According to Apple, the company sold 9 million phones within the first three days after the launch of the new models on Friday.
Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 1st quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales Q3 2007-Q1 2014
Apple's iPhone revenue from 3rd quarter 2007 to 1st quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Apple iPhones: quarterly revenue Q3 2007-Q1 2014
Global smartphone shipments from 4th quarter 2009 to 4th quarter 2013, by vendor (in million units)
Global smartphone shipments Q4 2009- Q4 2013, by vendor
Yes, please send me a daily reminder for the 'Chart of the Day'
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter