LinkedIn's Impressive Revenue Growth
2012 was a great year for LinkedIn. Backed by great results, the company avoided the turbulences that Facebook’s IPO disaster inflicted on many other internet companies. Analysts and investors appear to have little doubt about the future viability of LinkedIn’s business. Unlike many other internet companies, LinkedIn has no trouble converting its user growth into dollars. While others struggle to generate one decent revenue stream, LinkedIn has three ways of monetizing its service. In the fourth quarter of 2012, the company earned money from recruitment services, marketing solutions (mainly advertising) and subscriptions, accounting for 53, 27 and 20 percent of total revenue, respectively.
With net earnings of $11.5 million on total revenue of $304 million, LinkedIn reported another impressive quarter on February 8, putting the company on track to surpass $1 billion in revenue in 2013. By the end of 2012, LinkedIn had 202 million users, making it one of the largest social networking platforms behind Facebook and Twitter.
- Total worldwide prescription drug revenue growth - projection 2015-2020Total worldwide prescription drug revenue growth - projection 2015-2020
- Forecast of the social network user penetration rate in Finland 2014-2021Forecast of the social network user penetration rate in Finland 2014-2021
- Social network profile creation in the United Kingdom 2007-2015Social network profile creation in the United Kingdom 2007-2015
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016
- Iron ore prices monthly 2015-2016Iron ore prices monthly 2015-2016
- Global IT spending forecast 2005-2020Global IT spending forecast 2005-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens