Construction Industry - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and Facts about Construction in the U.S.
With a market share of around 10 percent, the United States is the second largest construction market worldwide. Within the United States, most new construction projects are coming on stream in New York, which tops the list regarding construction expenditure in American cities. Bechtel is currently the largest U.S.-based construction firm. The construction and engineering company with headquarters in San Francisco was the only North American company to make it into the top ten list of the the world’s biggest construction contractors, based on 2012 revenue. This particular ranking was dominated by Chinese and European contractors.
In the United States, private construction spending reached around 627 billion U.S. dollars in 2013. New construction put in place is forecast to exceed one trillion U.S. dollars by 2015.
Photo: istockphoto.com / grapix
- Largest construction machinery manufacturers worldwide - sales 2013Largest construction machinery manufacturers worldwide - sales 2013
The world's largest construction machinery manufacturers in 2013, based on construction equipment sales (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Global construction machinery market - outlook through 2015Global construction machinery market - outlook through 2015
Size of the global construction equipment market from 2008 to 2010 with projections through 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Construction equipment companies in North America: market share 2011Construction equipment companies in North America: market share 2011
Market share of construction equipment companies in North America in 2011
- Forecast: construction expenditure by the construction industry U.S. 2008-2018Forecast: construction expenditure by the construction industry U.S. 2008-2018
- U.S. highway and street construction industry gross output 2000-2012U.S. highway and street construction industry gross output 2000-2012
- Value added of construction industry as a percentage of GDPValue added of construction industry as a percentage of GDP