Construction Industry - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and Facts about Construction in the U.S.
With expenditures reaching over 900 billion U.S. dollars, the United States is the second largest construction market worldwide. Within the United States, most new construction projects are coming on stream in New York, which tops the list regarding construction expenditure in American cities. Bechtel is currently the largest U.S.-based construction firm. The construction and engineering company with headquarters in San Francisco was one of only two North American companies to make it into the top fifteen list of the the world’s biggest construction contractors, based on 2014 revenue. This particular ranking was dominated by Chinese and European contractors.
In the United States, private construction spending reached around 687 billion U.S. dollars in 2014. New construction put in place is forecast to exceed one trillion U.S. dollars by 2015.
Photo: istockphoto.com / grapix
- Construction equipment sales forecast: North America 2012-2014Construction equipment sales forecast: North America 2012-2014
Growth forecast for construction equipment sales in North America from 2012 to 2014
- World's largest construction machinery manufacturers - sales 2015World's largest construction machinery manufacturers - sales 2015
Largest construction machinery manufacturers globally in 2015, based on construction equipment sales (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Global construction machinery market - outlook through 2015Global construction machinery market - outlook through 2015
Size of the global construction equipment market from 2008 to 2010 with projections through 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- The complete topic in one convenient package
- Instant access and download
- Great time-saver
- China: production of cement by month May 2016China: production of cement by month May 2016
- Leading regional bank brands worldwide 2015Leading regional bank brands worldwide 2015
- Leading banks globally by market capitalization 2016Leading banks globally by market capitalization 2016
- Total U.S. resin production 2008-2015Total U.S. resin production 2008-2015
- China's share of global gross domestic product (GDP) 2010-2021China's share of global gross domestic product (GDP) 2010-2021