Construction Industry - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and Facts about Construction in the U.S.
With expenditures reaching over 900 billion U.S. dollars, the United States is the second largest construction market worldwide. Within the United States, most new construction projects are coming on stream in New York, which tops the list regarding construction expenditure in American cities. Bechtel is currently the largest U.S.-based construction firm. The construction and engineering company with headquarters in San Francisco was one of only two North American companies to make it into the top fifteen list of the the world’s biggest construction contractors, based on 2014 revenue. This particular ranking was dominated by Chinese and European contractors.
In the United States, private construction spending reached around 687 billion U.S. dollars in 2014. New construction put in place is forecast to exceed one trillion U.S. dollars by 2015.
Photo: istockphoto.com / grapix
- Construction equipment sales forecast: North America 2012-2014Construction equipment sales forecast: North America 2012-2014
Growth forecast for construction equipment sales in North America from 2012 to 2014
- World's largest construction machinery manufacturers - sales 2015World's largest construction machinery manufacturers - sales 2015
Largest construction machinery manufacturers globally in 2015, based on construction equipment sales (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Global construction equipment market - outlook through 2017Global construction equipment market - outlook through 2017
Size of the global construction equipment market from 2014 to 2017 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- The complete topic in one convenient package
- Instant access and download
- Great time-saver
- China: production of cement by month June 2016China: production of cement by month June 2016
- Leading regional bank brands worldwide 2015Leading regional bank brands worldwide 2015
- Leading banks globally by market capitalization 2016Leading banks globally by market capitalization 2016
- Revenue of the German aerospace industry from 1991 to 2015Revenue of the German aerospace industry from 1991 to 2015
- Number of employees in the German aerospace industry from 1991 to 2015Number of employees in the German aerospace industry from 1991 to 2015